I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Couples Skate - Sat 9/8

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Couples Skate - Sat 9/8

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer and Junior and I have been talking about taking the girls out for a ride and dinner on the street bikes and we finally came up with a date of this Saturday to get together and do this. If you are interested and can make it, you are welcome to join us.

My plan as it stands right now is to meet in Westminster, MD at 3:30 pm. There is a Roy Rogers restaurant at the intersection of Rt. 140 and Sullivan Road; its as good of place to meet as any. The address is 6 Baltimore Blvd. If you are traveling west on 140, it will be on your right at the second light after crossing over Rt 27.

From there we will take a little hour or two ride west into the Catoctin mountains and end up at High Rock Hang Gliding cliff. We can then drop down into Emmitsburg and check out the Ott House Restaurant and Pub. I have never been to the Ott House so I waive and disclaim all responsibility upfront; but the place got good reviews, looks real casual and is at the intersection of RTs 15 and 140 so everyone can split for home real easy afterwards.

Jay
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Couples Skate - Sat 9/8

Post by Wingfixer »

What time are you planning to leave your house? DirtyGirl and I will probably just meet up with youse guys there.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

We should probably roll wheels from casa-del-shaffer by 3' to be in Westminster by 3:30; can you be there say 2:45ish so we have time to fish around for tubes and patch cords...
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

You are a funny funny man! Yes, we'll be there by 2:30ish.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

You guys are fortunate , my wife wont go near my bike. I hate not being to share this together :wallbash:

I need to work on this.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

so! any info on this ride? Did the women have fun? Did any bikes get hurt? :angel:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

That's a loaded question, ya fucker. The weather was perfect and Jay picked an awesome route, as usual. Kathy and I met Jay and Christen at their house and headed out at about 1000. After a fuel stop we met up with Paul and his wife, Mitch. We rode for about an hour to have lunch at Ott House in Emmitsburg. After that we headed for High Rock, a pretty neat place where hang gliders launch off a pretty impressive cliff. This is where my day took a turn. Pulling onto the parking lot there where several large rocks poking up from the gravel and dirt lot, the kind that I would roll over on the DRz without a thought. As I rolled over one I felt the Connie bottom out followed by Kathy asking why the bike was smoking followed by Jay yelling at me to shut it off.

Carnage:
f_ck. :wallbash:

Fortunately, my truck and trailer where sitting at my parents house, about an hour away, and they weren't doing anything (I think). I coasted the bike down the hill to a park where they had a live band, 40s and 50s big band music, and ice cream. Kathy and I watched the old(er) folks dance and whiled away the time until my dad showed up with the truck.

The repair bill isn't too bad and I'm upgrading to a 2010 oil pan since the '08 bikes have a problem breaking the drain plug off the bottom....ya think.

Oh well, Kathy had fun and said she is looking forward to another ride so that's a win to me.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

sorry i missed it! "MOAB" strikes agin! :fitz:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Yup, I am thinking a little JB Weld........

.......would make it hard to change the oil. New parts on the way, its just a waiting game now. :dirtdog:

I hope I can remember where all that goes in a two weeks:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Oh bugger! Maybe we should get skid plates for all our bikes. Just in case.

Glad Kathy was still in a good mood about the whole thing.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200