I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

4 th Annual Black Friday Ride - Nov 29th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

4 th Annual Black Friday Ride - Nov 29th

Post by Skinny-J »

Well it looks like 2010 was the 3'rd annual but for the life of me I can't figure out if we did anything last year for 2011. That is SHAMEFUL as we had a nice run going up until then! Anyway, we will call this year the 4 th annual and move on...

I have 2 things in mind-
1. It is again SHAMEFUL that the DAMN tag was placed by Bucho on 9/28/11 on some god forsaken road in WV and has remained there ever since. Therefore, one option would be a street type ride from Baltimore to find this tag and get this thing moving again. The Hardcore Tag on ADV has also stalled and maybe we could pick that up as well....

2. Go ride dirt somewhere. Do the people who know, know if Shade Mountain is open on this particular Friday? I thought it was only Sunday because of the funkin hunters but what about during the week? Other than Shade, I would welcome any other dirt suggestions....

Well, if you are interested and can play on Black Friday, please weigh in with where and what you would like to ride....

SJ
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: 4 th Annual Black Friday Ride

Post by Wingfixer »

Taskers gap was where it all started...... But shade would be cool, I've never been there, or the cove or a dual sport-retrieve the tags ride is cool too. Whatever, lets just ride! :roost:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

wish I could go - working :wallbash:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Wish I could too, but I plan on using my pass on Sunday for the Blind enduro.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

PLEASE.............do not ride Shade the friday prior to rifle season starting.
We had a summer of kissing ass to keep riding open past September.
We are trying to make nice with the hunters that seem to have the power of getting our riding area shut down.
By law, nothing says you can not ride but we have been doing a ton of PR to make nice with the state...you ride Shade on black friday and a lot of work by a bunch of locals (including me) will be blown to hell.
We are doing a work/ride day at Shade this sunday, I posted that today here.
Feel free to come join in with some work to keep one of the few riding areas we still have open....open.
A bunch of guys went dual sporting at 7-mountains last year just a couple days before rifle season and must of had words with hunters out looking for a spot for the big day....that is a large part of what started this shit storm.
We have ourselves to blame.
No..I do not hunt but do respect they only have a short period to enjoy what they wait for all year...
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Skinny-J wrote:Well it looks like 2010 was the 3'rd annual but for the life of me I can't figure out if we did anything last year for 2011. That is SHAMEFUL as we had a nice run going up until then! Anyway, we will call this year the 4 th annual and move on...

I have 2 things in mind-
1. It is again SHAMEFUL that the DAMN tag was placed by Bucho on 9/28/11 on some god forsaken road in WV and has remained there ever since. Therefore, one option would be a street type ride from Baltimore to find this tag and get this thing moving again. The Hardcore Tag on ADV has also stalled and maybe we could pick that up as well....

2. Go ride dirt somewhere. Do the people who know, know if Shade Mountain is open on this particular Friday? I thought it was only Sunday because of the funkin hunters but what about during the week? Other than Shade, I would welcome any other dirt suggestions....

Well, if you are interested and can play on Black Friday, please weigh in with where and what you would like to ride....

SJ
We didn`t ride last year on black Friday! We did the blind enduro.
A street ride might be fun?
The Cove might be fun?
Never been to Taskers!
My 650 needs a little work out too!!!
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

MOAB might be fun???????? :peep:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Boom Boom wrote:PLEASE.............do not ride Shade the friday prior to rifle season starting.
We had a summer of kissing ass to keep riding open past September.
We are trying to make nice with the hunters that seem to have the power of getting our riding area shut down.
By law, nothing says you can not ride but we have been doing a ton of PR to make nice with the state...you ride Shade on black friday and a lot of work by a bunch of locals (including me) will be blown to hell.
We are doing a work/ride day at Shade this sunday, I posted that today here.
Feel free to come join in with some work to keep one of the few riding areas we still have open....open.
A bunch of guys went dual sporting at 7-mountains last year just a couple days before rifle season and must of had words with hunters out looking for a spot for the big day....that is a large part of what started this shit storm.
We have ourselves to blame.
No..I do not hunt but do respect they only have a short period to enjoy what they wait for all year...
Booms right! As a hunter it sucks when d-bags are making alot of noise. Not that soom hunters arn`t the biggest d-bags!!!!!
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

If this ends up being a dual sport ride. I may be able to tag along at least for part of the ride. I dont think Ill have the whole day to play.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Junior wrote:MOAB might be fun???????? :peep:
Its only a day and a half away!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.