I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sunday 11/8 - NE MD & SE PA Dirt Roads

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Sunday 11/8 - NE MD & SE PA Dirt Roads

Post by Skinny-J »

Thanks to everyone who came out and enjoyed the nice fall weather and great roads. I thought we had a perfect sized and well matched group; and the roads we found were really sweet!

Here are some pics I took-
DC's pristine KTM and my Honda-

Bob's beautiful Husky TE 610-

Webmost's highly farkled KLR-

The group-

Susquehanna looking South-

Susquehanna looking North-
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Scott321 wrote:I saw a group of 8 or so dual sports go by my house on piney hill rd. Looked like a great time. Lots of good riding around here.
Scott, That had to be us; and if I remember correctly, Piney Hill was a long gravely uphill with some water breaks cut in that at about 40 mph make for a nice little jump.

Hopefully you can join us next time and show us around your "hood"!

Jay
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

biffer99 wrote:Sounds like it was a good ride. Anyone GPS it and feel like uploading the track for those of us that missed it??
Chris,

PM me your e-mail and I can send you the file.

Hope the KLR is on the mend; although I am sure the WR 450 is a more than ample substitute for now!!

Jay
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Nice photos Jay. :thumbup:

Sounds like you guys had a great ride. I know the weather was perfect.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Scott321

Post by Scott321 »

gzj443 wrote:
Scott321 wrote:I saw a group of 8 or so dual sports go by my house on piney hill rd. Looked like a great time. Lots of good riding around here.
Scott, That had to be us; and if I remember correctly, Piney Hill was a long gravely uphill with some water breaks cut in that at about 40 mph make for a nice little jump.

Hopefully you can join us next time and show us around your "hood"!

Jay

Yep that's a good description of piney hill rd. Now that I see the bikes and size of the group I'm sure it was you guys. I remember somebody's bike having white numbers and black background, maybe 510 or 501? I wanted to get in on this ride when I saw the posts but I was out of town the week prior and just got back saturday night. Did you guys happen to ride across orson hollow rd. which is a couple miles south of piney hill? That's a nice fun dirt road too. Anyway, next time. I have a few nice trails in the woods around here too. Some of it's kinda nasty and steep. Roots, rocks etc.

Thinking about riding shade mountain area this week or weekend if anybody's interested.
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Hey Jay, sorry I missed the ride. Just couldn't make it with too many events going onh...
Did you run the GPS file you sent me or did you make changes? Can you email me the file of the ride?
Thanks in advance
Pete
phauer at comcast dot net
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

Hey Pete, Maybe we can pick a day and try out the route. I'm really itching to get out.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

gzj443 wrote:
biffer99 wrote:Sounds like it was a good ride. Anyone GPS it and feel like uploading the track for those of us that missed it??
Chris,

PM me your e-mail and I can send you the file.

Hope the KLR is on the mend; although I am sure the WR 450 is a more than ample substitute for now!!

Jay
sent.
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com