I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New toy

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

New toy

Post by Marylander »

I picked up a new toy last night. A 2009 wr250x. It came with a seat concepts seat, 4 gal tank, pro moto billet rack, tail bag, handguards, skid plate, 17" wheels with good tires, a new set of 17" tires, set of dirt wheels with tires that look new, like new stock tank, like new stock rad shrouds, new side plates, a couple hardly used helmet (1 dirt, 1 ds), a couple sets of mini turn signals, a thingie to clean up the license plate/taillight/turn signals, etc. It needs a good wash (too bad I didn't have a tag on it to ride to work this morning as the rain would have done the trick) but is otherwise in great shape. I expect I'll be doing some really stupid stuff with it on those fat 17" tires. :loveit:
20170524_175702.jpg
beejaytee
aka Heather

Re: New toy

Post by beejaytee »

Looks like the perfect bike for the KY trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I don't think I can swing a trip that long. I do plan to get out to shorter dualsport trips though.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Sweet looking ride!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

street motards make awesome street bikes and are great for dirt roads. I always think of mine as my "adventure motard"
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yep, it's got street tires on it now but the extra tires are avon distanzias, which at least look like they'd be pretty good on dirt roads. The dirt wheels have pirelli mt43s on them. I've never had a tire like that on the front.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:08 pm Yep, it's got street tires on it now but the extra tires are avon distanzias, which at least look like they'd be pretty good on dirt roads. The dirt wheels have pirelli mt43s on them. I've never had a tire like that on the front.
I always felt that street/motard wheels are fine on dirt roads. The only real drawback is when you try to break really hard on a dirtbroad, they lock up quick
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Marylander wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:08 pm Yep, it's got street tires on it now but the extra tires are avon distanzias, which at least look like they'd be pretty good on dirt roads. The dirt wheels have pirelli mt43s on them. I've never had a tire like that on the front.
You should talk to Bigbird about the entertainment value of those tires, he's followed me on mine a few times.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Ah, these are the infamous tires. I have heard the tales. :killingme: I did a little bit of research on them and seems they were made more for heavy bikes like the GS. It would suck if they suck for my use as they've got so much meat I bet they'll last a long, long time. I expect I'll swap to the 21"/18" wheels for dual sport stuff but, as my laziness knows no bounds, that may be a pipe dream... I did order an EBC front rotor for the dirt wheels for $18 ($100 off). :cheers: I still need a rear rotor and sprocket to make the swap quicker.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

They are actually really good tires when used for their intended purpose. Awesome on road, wet or dry. Good on dirt, as long as you don't push them too hard :deal: . Suck in mud, as you can probably guess.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.