I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Stoneleigh Farm

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Stoneleigh Farm

Post by Rut Row »

Got this from our DAMN member Jed - spread the word!
STONELEIGH FARM
OFF ROAD RIDING
AMA Chartered
4-5 Mile Loop ● Trials Area ● ½ Mile Grass Track

Riding Rates:
Day pass $30.00 ( Cash ☺ Visa ☺ MasterCard ☺ Amex )
Monthly pass $100.00 (unlimited days for a 30 day period)
Trailer storage (outdoor) $30.00 per month
Bike storage (indoor) $30.00 per month
Secure 12x12 ft stall with electrical outlet and heavy rubber matt flooring for bike and equip storage $60.00 per month.
Stall renters will also have access to high capacity air compressor, atv and bike lift, tire changing machine, wheel balancer and a changing room in the lower barn.
This is an adult only facility, no admittance under the age of 18 years, no exceptions.
Hours of operation: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10 am till dusk.
Special ride times and event scheduling available by appointment for groups.
Enter at 8803 Shryock Mill Road Thurmont, MD 21788 (end of road, mis-spelled on Google maps as Shryrock Mill Road).

Stoneleigh Farm, LLC
Office: 301-898-7575
Mobile: 301-639-9769
jedhargrave@gmail.com
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Stoneleigh Farm

Post by Firebolter »

I DO NOT MAKE ANYTHING FROM THIS, so I am not advertising, merely letting you know what's there!

I am cutting more single track as well. Atleast another .5 to a mile's worth when we are done. And I can get another .5 mile from an existing section by taking it down to the bottom of that section and using the whole hill side as now we just run across the top. Lot's of possibilities. The AA section I put in last weekend is pretty cool. Has a awesome hill climb to get out. Not too big, just steep and you drop into a creek bed and up and out the other side about 20 feet up. There is about a 15 foot run up to the hill across the very shallow creek to the bank/out. We also cut a A/B out about 15 yards down the creek if you cannot make the AA out. It is a 4.5 mile loop right now with a mix of single track and open field grass track like "edge of pasture" trails. It is fast, flows well and has no real rocks. Would make a great HS course/loop.

The trials areas are really nice and open. All natural areas with rocks up a creek through a valley and plenty of large trees and hills to use. We used to put on a trials event here a few years ago. Easy to make 8-10 sections.

Would be fun to rent it out for a DAMN event that could be a trials FAM with some impromptu HS racing!
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

That's 30 miles from my house. I'd be interested in checking it out. But I need to replace my chain and sprockets before riding again. :angel:

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

phoo wrote:That's 30 miles from my house. I'd be interested in checking it out. But I need to replace my chain and sprockets before riding again. :angel:

~Patrick
Of all the lame excuses I have herd that one takes the cake.....get on it dude :whip:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

^^ Valid. :)

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Sound's like a good place to go ride for a day. A lot closer than Mt Ridge for me. Now if I could get my shoulder back in shape I'm ready.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Anyone interested in trying this place out today?

Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'm heading there now and will be there on under an hour. I'll be there for 2-3h of anyone wants to join me.

Patrick

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I rode at Stoneleigh Farm for two hours today. It was a good time - nothing difficult, two mild hill climbs, and a fair amount of grass track. I met Firebolter and a friend who were already there and also spent some time chatting with the owner, who apparently is an old school DAMN rider. I'm really looking forward to the addition of some more single track, but I had a good time and it's only 30-45 minutes from my house. I see myself getting out there once a month to fill in any gaps in riding or even to take advantage of any unexpected opportunities to get out for a few hours.

Laps take about ten minutes at my pace with the current layout, but there are big plans for adding more, following along existing deer trails. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

My Facebook has a picture of the current layout, which I will post here when I get home. I also have video of a couple of laps. Hopefully, I got some good footage; I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use the gopro chest harness.

Thanks,

Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

phoo wrote:I rode at Stoneleigh Farm for two hours today. It was a good time - nothing difficult, two mild hill climbs, and a fair amount of grass track. I met Firebolter and a friend who were already there and also spent some time chatting with the owner, who apparently is an old school DAMN rider. I'm really looking forward to the addition of some more single track, but I had a good time and it's only 30-45 minutes from my house. I see myself getting out there once a month to fill in any gaps in riding or even to take advantage of any unexpected opportunities to get out for a few hours.

Laps take about ten minutes at my pace with the current layout, but there are big plans for adding more, following along existing deer trails. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

My Facebook has a picture of the current layout, which I will post here when I get home. I also have video of a couple of laps. Hopefully, I got some good footage; I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use the gopro chest harness.

Thanks,

Patrick
Not close enough to me to be a likely option, but I'm glad to hear that it works for you. It's gotta be tough to try to open up a riding area to the public and I appreciate the effort. Looking forward to the videos...
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap