I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Adding this to my backpack - pretty cool if you need a jump

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Adding this to my backpack - pretty cool if you need a jump

Post by Ovo »

I found this in a magazine article and I am buying two. One for my backpack and one for the boos of the house to have as a backup.

At this size is easily carried and could save you in a pinch, from either a dead car battery, dead cell phone etc...

I am thinking since I have the berg with EFI and no way to jump start the bike, this is a must have for me. Certainly sets the mind at ease a bit.

I'll let you know how it works once it I receive mine.

http://antigravitybatteries.com/microstart/

Antigravity Batteries MICRO-START/PPS is the World’s smallest Jump Starter! When we say SMALL, we mean it fits in your POCKET and it weighs only 14 Ounces! But not only does it jump start any car, truck, motorcycle or powersports vehicle, but it is also powers or charges all your Electronic Devices such as Laptops, iPads, iReaders, Cell Phones, GPS, PSPs, MP3 players, Blue Tooth device and more… Charge it once and take it with you anywhere! Never again worry about getting stranded, now you can easily take back-up power anywhere you go and not worry about coming back to a dead vehicle battery or having your cell phone run out of power when you need to make that important phone call. Just pull out your Micro-Start and get going again.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Re: Adding this to my backpack - pretty cool if you need a j

Post by GearedUp »

I saw that a few weeks ago. Impressive video demo.
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, I've had that thing bookmarked for a few weeks thinking I might get one to keep on my cbr1000rr. That thing has a tiny battery (same size as Honda specs for a 99cc scooter) and can be fussy about starting in winter. $150 bucks is a bit steep though. I bought another bike for really cold days instead. ;)
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

I'm usually really leery of these new things, but have to admit the video is convincing. Thought it would had pooped out right away. Does this mean, soon the big lead batteries will be obsolete in a few years. Kinda how LEDs are taking over. hmmm
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I finally ordered one of these yesterday, <$100 on amazon now:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I know people with them, and they love them. They don't have a problem starting big trucks. They're pretty amazing from what I hear.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200