I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Get ready, Old man winter coming again late this week

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Get ready, Old man winter coming again late this week

Post by Rut Row »

Bork wrote:
Kyler wrote:
Firebolter wrote:Snow stopped here about 0500 and has been sleet/rain since. We got a solid 7 inches in Annapolis, but it is a wet heavy, awesome snowball kind of snow.
hopefully they will have the roads clear - I have to get boss lady to Bayview for an appointment and possible readmission over her hip revision.
Was she involved with the recall?
no, she has very severe osteoporosis and the hip cracked.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

We ended up with about 22" from that storm. And now I hear there is another "winter weather event" Sunday into Monday. :wallbash:

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

phoo wrote:We ended up with about 22" from that storm. And now I hear there is another "winter weather event" Sunday into Monday. :wallbash:

Patrick

:loveit:

Sorry Patrick, I have a large plow truck.... It's been a good winter for me. :thumbsup:
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Boom Boom wrote:
Taylor wrote:I'm almost ready.Just finishing up putting 300 gripstuds on my skid loader. I hope no more out of control 360's sliding side ways downhill and picking up speed the whole way. Just about put it on it's side last snow. Lucky we have Global warming, just think how cold it would be with out it.
Oh my, I know your driveway or should I say ski slope.
I also know a skid loader is about the most helpless piece of equipment one could have for snow / ice conditions.
Be sure and wear a GoPro for your next adventure.
I had the GoPro with me the last 3 snows and no events to show. GripStuds are the ticket for rubber track loaders. Not 1 slide, total control and cut the time down. So less fuel used= money well spent.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

So I am out here in bee-utiful NM where it is a balmy 70 degrees………coming home Tuesday and was watching the news this morning and there is a chance of snow tonight in DC area? 4-8 inches? WTF!!!!! I hope winter is finally giving up after this. I want to start riding my new 800 and this snow thing is really effing up the plan! Not to mention we have a Shade trip planned in 2 week ends from this one…………wish I had my 300 here. Man the high desert is awesome.

Here's my view each morning coming to work across the San Augustin Pass

Lots of cool bikes---
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Shade shouldn't get anything from this storm. Now all it needs is for the shady parts to melt, there was still snow showing when we drove past today.
Zeets
DAMN n00b

Post by Zeets »

Firebolter wrote:So I am out here in bee-utiful NM where it is a balmy 70 degrees………coming home Tuesday and was watching the news this morning and there is a chance of snow tonight in DC area? 4-8 inches? WTF!!!!! I hope winter is finally giving up after this. I want to start riding my new 800 and this snow thing is really effing up the plan! Not to mention we have a Shade trip planned in 2 week ends from this one…………wish I had my 300 here. Man the high desert is awesome.
WSMR?
2008 DR-Z400SM
1974 RD350
1970 Vespa Sprint
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Zeets wrote:
Firebolter wrote:So I am out here in bee-utiful NM where it is a balmy 70 degrees………coming home Tuesday and was watching the news this morning and there is a chance of snow tonight in DC area? 4-8 inches? WTF!!!!! I hope winter is finally giving up after this. I want to start riding my new 800 and this snow thing is really effing up the plan! Not to mention we have a Shade trip planned in 2 week ends from this one…………wish I had my 300 here. Man the high desert is awesome.
WSMR?
Yup :kboom:
Lots of cool bikes---
Zeets
DAMN n00b

Post by Zeets »

I used to work way up Range Rd 10 when I was with General Dynamics Robotic Systems. Drove all over that place. Spent many a month mountain biking in the Doña Anna's and living at the Stay Bridge Suites.
2008 DR-Z400SM
1974 RD350
1970 Vespa Sprint