I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Ride today and camera review

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
vetteguy
DAMN n00b

Re: Ride today and camera review

Post by vetteguy »

Taylor wrote:
vetteguy wrote:
Taylor wrote:Did you have it on your handlebars?
yes.
Do you have a helmet mount? Mounted to your helmet it aims where you are looking and is more stable. Just my .02 Where were you?
I aprreciate your opinion and do agree it would be better on the helmet I just feel like it would get knocked off by a branch and it would bother me too much. I may put it there eventually.
This is a local trail here in Abingdon.
2002 XR400 (sold), 2007 KTM 450 exc
2001 XR200, 2004 Harley 1200R, 2004 CRF250X (son)
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Video quality is fine. Audio has a little bit of popping, but audio is a real problem with dirt bikes.

Mounted on the handlebars makes the video nausea-inducing. :) I don't know how big your camera is, but my gopro does okay on the top of my helmet and hasn't come off even on the rare occasion where it clips a tree. I also have tried the "Chesty," which is a chest-mounted harness that has the benefit of showing more movement from the bike but downside of being much harder to aim throughout a ride since your torso leans forward and back a lot between sitting, standing, and general movement while navigating over terrain.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

my first GoPro is laying somewhere in the Jersey Pines. It got clipped off by a big branch. The ^%$# pines were so tight I wasn't going back to look. Next time I'll add a lanyard.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
vetteguy
DAMN n00b

Post by vetteguy »

phoo wrote:Video quality is fine. Audio has a little bit of popping, but audio is a real problem with dirt bikes.

Mounted on the handlebars makes the video nausea-inducing. :) I don't know how big your camera is, but my gopro does okay on the top of my helmet and hasn't come off even on the rare occasion where it clips a tree. I also have tried the "Chesty," which is a chest-mounted harness that has the benefit of showing more movement from the bike but downside of being much harder to aim throughout a ride since your torso leans forward and back a lot between sitting, standing, and general movement while navigating over terrain.

Thanks,

~Patrick
Patrick , I agree it can lead to nausea, LOL. The camera is the same size as the GoPro. It came with a helmet mount but only for a bike helmet. The audio does suck. I wasnt sure how it would come out so I tried talking to see and it was barely audable. Once you put it in the waterproof case I think that kind of covers up the mic hole. I just want it in a place that it is out of my way and doesn't interfer with my riding. That was my first time. I will keep trying to improve. My point is that I think it is pretty decent for $30 compared to a $300 Go Pro. Thanks for the input, Guy
vetteguy
DAMN n00b

Post by vetteguy »

Kyler wrote:my first GoPro is laying somewhere in the Jersey Pines. It got clipped off by a big branch. The ^%$# pines were so tight I wasn't going back to look. Next time I'll add a lanyard.
That is why I have a $30 camera and not a $300 one. If I lose it or it breaks I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Guy
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

I just use these $300 cameras I find by the side of the trail.
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

I believe I've ridden there... is the (or one of the) entrance in a traffic circle across from a housing development?

Pretty good video for such an inexpensive camera! I have vertigo issues and can't watch any on-board video for long. As a result, I've never considered a camera. For $30, might be fun to mess around a little.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
vetteguy
DAMN n00b

Post by vetteguy »

Longboardr wrote:I just use these $300 cameras I find by the side of the trail.
Yea, I have not found any yet but I think I may be making a trip to Jersey.
vetteguy
DAMN n00b

Post by vetteguy »

motojunky wrote:I believe I've ridden there... is the (or one of the) entrance in a traffic circle across from a housing development?
Yes, it is.

Pretty good video for such an inexpensive camera! I have vertigo issues and can't watch any on-board video for long. As a result, I've never considered a camera. For $30, might be fun to mess around a little.
I dont think you can go wrong. You do have to also buy a micro SD card unless you already have one. It was $10 for a 16gb card.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Longboardr wrote:I just use these $300 cameras I find by the side of the trail.
:poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris