I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Well "F" me!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Well "F" me!

Post by Firebolter »

Done deal! Check in my hand from Carmax. No fuss no muss and the low fuel light came on driving over! Could not have worked out better and my savings account just got a fat 11G hit!
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Well

Post by Bucho »

Is that the same 3 liter diesel motor that is an option on the new Dodge Promaster Van?

25 mpg is pretty sweet for a full size truck/van.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote:Is that the same 3 liter diesel motor that is an option on the new Dodge Promaster Van?

25 mpg is pretty sweet for a full size truck/van.
Yes it is. It is made by VM Motori in Italy. Was joint developed for GM and Chrysler then GM went bankrupt in 09 and dropped out but Chrysler (Fiat) kept going. And the mileage is not a claim, it is real. I can't wait to do a road trip. I assume I will be able to get the 28 highway it is rated at since I am seeing 25.7 now commuting to and from work.

Here's a couple good articles on it.
http://wardsauto.com/ward039s-10-best-e ... l-dohc-v-6

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/r ... -3490.html

It is quiet, it makes great power and mated with the 8SPD ZF tranny, really works well. Basically, I am getting better gas mileage than I was with my V-6 Gas Challenger, my commuting car, and more torque and WAY better Gas mileage than I was with my V-8 F-150, so I get a commuter and a bike hauler in one vehicle. I like the Promaster as well. I considered going that route, but I like having a truck. And my insurance is 3 dollars a month cheaper on the new Ram than on the Challenger! And it is 4x4, which I didn't have with my F-150 as it was a FX-2.

Nissan is coming out with a Cummins based Truck soon. I think GM will soon follow with either this motor (or a derivative) or maybe a smaller Duramax type motor? These RAM's are selling like crazy and are hard to find, well at least with some choice of configuration. I got lucky and got what truck I wanted option wise. I think the US is finally waking up. This truck proves you can have a quiet, clean burning diesel that makes great power and is cheaper to operate with better power and mileage in a full sized truck.

Funny when you think about it, now we have a US made truck with an Italian motor and soon a Japanese made truck with a US motor!
Lots of cool bikes---
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Firebolter wrote:..."This truck proves you can have a quiet, clean burning diesel that makes great power and is cheaper to operate with better power and mileage in a full sized truck."...

When you say this are you talking about the Promaster with 3.0 diesel? Pickup - Dodge or GM or Nissan? Lost me which you were talkin about. I'd love to have a full sized pickup with this kind of mileage (about 10mpg better than my Ford Sportrac).
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

BillyGoat wrote:
Firebolter wrote:..."This truck proves you can have a quiet, clean burning diesel that makes great power and is cheaper to operate with better power and mileage in a full sized truck."...

When you say this are you talking about the Promaster with 3.0 diesel? Pickup - Dodge or GM or Nissan? Lost me which you were talkin about. I'd love to have a full sized pickup with this kind of mileage (about 10mpg better than my Ford Sportrac).

Sorry if I made things confusing. Firebolter is talking about the ram pickup truck w/ diesel option. Im interested in the new ram promaster van (which is really a euro style fiat van that has been lightly reworkee for the american market). I test drove a gas version of the promaster. There is suppossed to be a diesel version coming but we are still waiting...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Yea. I heard that Ram with the small diesel and 8 speed is schweet.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

BillyGoat wrote:Yea. I heard that Ram with the small diesel and 8 speed is schweet.
You been hanging around Sheetz too long. :nono:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Well "F" me!

Post by Firebolter »

Yup, I am talking about the Ram 1500 with the 3.0L diesel. I filled up today cause I drove by a Sunoco station in Waldorf and Diesel was 3.69 a gallon. 343 miles and it took 14.5 gallons. That is 23.5 in normal driving conditions commuting to and from work on hwy, 32 miles each way. Very happy ;)
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

the van Bucho mentioned looked sweet and has the same diesel. Hmmm...
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

I looked that van up & looks like the sprinter , but better.(no 8 speed though) The electrician I know, has the older one ton Sprinter, with the 5 cylinder Mercedes, diesel, & he consistently gets 19-23 in town with the thing loaded! They used to come with a ten year or 300k warranty.
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r