I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Well "F" me!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Well

Post by Boom Boom »

Perfect holiday weekend activity....
Will be thinking about you as I am :roost: :cheers: :whoop:
OBTW, did I mention Shade opens this weekend :amazon:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Boom Boom wrote:Perfect holiday weekend activity....
Will be thinking about you as I am :roost: :cheers: :whoop:
OBTW, did I mention Shade opens this weekend :amazon:
Doing a ADV ride anyway smarty pants :brows:

If the bolts are not too hard to get out, then it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to drop it out. If they are stuck, then go get a torch, heat em' up and then remove them.
Lots of cool bikes---
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Get some PB Blaster penetrating oil & spray on all the bolts a few times between now & then, it's good stuff & may make your job easier. Good luck.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

J&J wrote:Get some PB Blaster penetrating oil & spray on all the bolts a few times between now & then, it's good stuff & may make your job easier. Good luck.
Stopped by Home Depot yesterday and bought a can! Thanks
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Firebolter wrote:
J&J wrote:Get some PB Blaster penetrating oil & spray on all the bolts a few times between now & then, it's good stuff & may make your job easier. Good luck.
Stopped by Home Depot yesterday and bought a can! Thanks
Good stuff but stinks like cat piss.....be sure and spray it all over yourself :lol2:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Well "F" me!

Post by Firebolter »

The saga is complete. Picked up the truck yesterday. New drive shaft and a new seal in the rear as it was leaking a little. After owning this truck since new, 2007 F-150 FX2 Sport with 91K miles, I have decided to get a new truck. I have done all oil changes, flushed trans at 60K miles. New Fuel Filter at 60K miles and it has lived a easy life.

I paid the truck off and it was trouble free until last year. Lost a front ABS sensor and had to replace the whole rotor assembly. 1400 bucks. On my second set of tires. Then this drive shaft bearing issue so I had the drive shaft replaced as the bearing is not a serviceable item. I was gonna get it re-built so it would be serviceable in the future, but it was the same cost and I had only planned to keep this truck for a couple more years. So another 1400 bucks yesterday. I also had a leaky seal on the rear end, so I got that fixed as well while they had it.

I bought a V-6 Challenger 2.5 years ago to stop racking up miles on the truck and to save 50 bucks a week in gas cost driving to and from work (when not riding a bike). 3 weeks ago while I was on travel, I had some time off so a buddy and I went and test drove a new Dodge Turbo Diesel 3.0L truck with the 8speed tranny. I loved it. Did a lot of research while on travel. Did the USAA and NFCU car buying service to see what kind of deals I could get. Long story short, the 3.0L diesel is a hard truck to find. They sell quick. Dealer in Cali knew I was a east coaster and that I just wanted to check it out, he was telling me they last no more than a week on the lot after they come in. I found that to be true when I got back here.

So got home and took me 5 dealers and a week to find the truck with all of the options I wanted, and I did. I ended up with this:

Most dealers wanted to sell me a Hemi as they have a bunch of them. Only one of the five said he could get me what I wanted with the exact options I wanted if I were flexible on color. All of the MY14 rebates expire June 30th, so I went for it and am very happy. The 8 speed auto is very smooth and seamless.You literally don't feel it shifting, feels very electric. To date with the first 300 miles, I am averaging 25.7 mpg driving to and from work. That is WAY better than my 5.4L gas F-150 2WD which was 17-19mpg for commuting. It is about 4 MPG better than my V-6 Challenger with it's 5 speed auto tranny.

anyway, the Fords looks great. The interior is like new as I ran husky mats so the carpet looks fresh. Taking the truck to Carmax today to get a quote. It is all detailed, and serviced, so it looks great and runs great. If they give me anywhere near what it is worth blue book wise, she will be gone. If not, I'll just sell it out right.

Got great financing with Chrysler as they gave me an additional 500 bucks off if I went with them and they matched the 1.9% I got from my CU, so no brainer. Transferred my extended warranty left overs to the new truck so I got bumper to bumper 6yr, 100K miles warranty (100 buck deductible) and 6 years unlimited mile oil changes and tire rotations. That in addition to the 5 year 100k power train Chrysler gives you. Yeah I am lazy, let someone else change the oil and dispose of it. And do my tires too! Spray in berliner as well.

These newer motors and these 8spd tranny's are pretty sweet. That same transmission is used across 25 cars and 8 manufacturers (Rolls, Chrysler, BMW and more). So now I am rolling in a Blue Turbo Diesel to match the Husaberg! And this thing is quiet, unreal quiet for a Diesel. SO the Ford saga ends. I had Dodge trucks while I lived in Hawaii and then went to Fords when I moved back here, now back at Dodge and my first diesel. And so the Ford saga ends.

:boohoo:
Last edited by Firebolter on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

very jealous. Wingfixer and I are going to drop a long-block GM motor in my '94 Chevy - I'm too broke to buy a new truck. Wish I could get a sweet diesel like yours!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Sweet truck! I also got a new Ram 4500 the end of January because the Ford F450 I got in June was junk. All the Fords we have had or have need repairs often. My best truck ever was a 2006 Chevy 3500 cargo van that had 98000 miles before any service and that was for rotors and pads. This is the first Dodge for me and the biggest selling factor was the dealer is 6 miles from home.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Well "F" me!

Post by Firebolter »

Yeah, Adams Dodge is 4 miles from me and they are great as that is where I get my oil changes done but they couldn't get me one without ordering and then Waldorf Dodge (same place I got my Challenger) emailed and said can do, so I went back to them. Very happy and my Blue Berg will look dead sexy in the back!
Lots of cool bikes---