I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

slow learner

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: slow learner

Post by Firebolter »

It is a great class and you will learn alot.
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Anything you can learn prior is good but if you learn bad habits you might do yourself more harm then good.
Anytime you can ride with a friend that can point out what you are doing wrong will do you the most good.
Watch Ryan's basics video and work on turning (without dropping your shoulder into the turn)...do control lift and drops with the front wheel and anything involving balance.
Gear your bike as low as you can, this will help you ride slow and controlled. When riding your era bikes I would set my idle low to the point the bike would die when the throttle was chopped. I found doing downhill off camber stuff much easier to control on a bike that had a light switch clutch like yours if I could just use engine brake to help control downhill speed and sputter from the stalling to coming back to life gave a soft power zone for the part of the turn where now I use clutch control but it helped make a slow smooth controlled turn.
Just different techniques to try.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:Anything you can learn prior is good but if you learn bad habits you might do yourself more harm then good.
DAMNed if I do and DAMNed if I don't eh? :shrug: :lol2: :pyndn:
Boom Boom wrote:Anytime you can ride with a friend that can point out what you are doing wrong will do you the most good.
Watch Ryan's basics video and work on turning (without dropping your shoulder into the turn)...do control lift and drops with the front wheel and anything involving balance.
Gear your bike as low as you can, this will help you ride slow and controlled. When riding your era bikes I would set my idle low to the point the bike would die when the throttle was chopped. I found doing downhill off camber stuff much easier to control on a bike that had a light switch clutch like yours if I could just use engine brake to help control downhill speed and sputter from the stalling to coming back to life gave a soft power zone for the part of the turn where now I use clutch control but it helped make a slow smooth controlled turn.
Just different techniques to try.
Ryan's CD is on order :loveit:

I'm working on 3 things only (1) balance, (2) turns and (3) learning to loft the front tire with a blip which implies loading the front suspension. If I can somewhat master that before the school in Sept I'll be happy.

Momma is doing better. Maybe in a few more weeks I can sneak out and ride with someone. I'm hoping I can make these two events:
Sunday, July 6 - MAT Taylorsville Trial
Saturday, August 2 - Tricky Tryalers, Marysville, PA
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

If at all possible you need to add June 21 and or 22 on your agenda to come see the big boys at the Rausch Creek national.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:If at all possible you need to add June 21 and or 22 on your agenda to come see the big boys at the Rausch Creek national.
Phil and I will be at Loudon that weekend. Three days of sidecar racing and it's free as in free admission, free entry, free beer! ... well, maybe no free beer ...
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Ken you long legged tall mofos have an advantage off road. Learn to use it and it becomes easier and way less tiring.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:Ken you long legged tall mofos have an advantage off road. Learn to use it and it becomes easier and way less tiring.
:bow:

:knary:

as Bucho likes to say, I just need to exercise more :barf: and keep practicing! :think:
Ken