I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Isle of Man 2014 races

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Isle of Man 2014 races

Post by Firebolter »

Watched the Superbike race yesterday, pretty awesome. Today is the hacks. Wow, these guy are insane. It is on again tonite on Velocity channel at 10 pm.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Isle of Mann2014 races

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:Watched the Superbike race yesterday, pretty awesome. Today is the hacks. Wow, these guy are insane. It is on again tonite on Velocity channel at 10 pm.
somebody record it please. I don't get velocity.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Ken, I don't have a capability to record, so I can't. I am sure it will show up on line. It was pretty awesome, one crash where the one of the teams kissed the wall and spun out then got thrown from the rig, but they were fine. Leader was cruising then lost the motor. Lot's of passing which is hard on this course for hacks. Good stuff! Watching those guys come over the hump and get the whole rig in the air was pretty nerve racking!

:kboom:
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:Ken, I don't have a capability to record, so I can't. I am sure it will show up on line. It was pretty awesome, one crash where the one of the teams kissed the wall and spun out then got thrown from the rig, but they were fine. Leader was cruising then lost the motor. Lot's of passing which is hard on this course for hacks. Good stuff! Watching those guys come over the hump and get the whole rig in the air was pretty nerve racking!

:kboom:
I've been listening to Manx Radio online and got the turn-by-turn reporting. :loveit:

Had to reschedule a couple of meetings to make sure my listening was uninterrupted too :harhar:

finally found it on Comcast and hopefully got the DVR set in time. :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Isle of Man 2014 races

Post by Firebolter »

I found clips on Youtube
Here's the crash I was talking about

Here's the whole race! Hacks start about 11 min in, the first 8 min is a summary of the Superbike, which is cool! Then 3 min of interviews with the hack pilots then at 11 min, the hack race.

:ride: :ride: :ride: :ride: :ride:
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:Here's the whole race! Hacks start about 11 min in, the first 8 min is a summary of the Superbike, which is cool! Then 3 min of interviews with the hack pilots then at 11 min, the hack race.
My boss thanks you ... I *am* supposed to be working ... :lol2:
Ken
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Kyler wrote:
Firebolter wrote:Here's the whole race! Hacks start about 11 min in, the first 8 min is a summary of the Superbike, which is cool! Then 3 min of interviews with the hack pilots then at 11 min, the hack race.
My boss thanks you ... I *am* supposed to be working ... :lol2:

Huh, I guess I am supposed to be as well! :loveit:
Lots of cool bikes---
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

I get directv & couldn't find velocity channel? supposed to be 281? Thanks Firebolter, for links!
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Today is super sport class. Gonna be fast!
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Isle of Man 2014 races

Post by Firebolter »

Regrettably the super stock race claimed it's second fatality yesterday on the last lap. Another rider died in the Supers port race. Prayers to the families. They died doing what they loved, riding hard and fast.
Lots of cool bikes---