I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

D.A.M.N. riders?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: D.A.M.N. riders?

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote: Sounds like you just offered to organize a DS ride.
I look forward to the ride report :thumbup:
That took long enough. :lol2:
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Been away a few days working on restocking my husband points.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Boom Boom wrote:Been away a few days working on restocking my husband points.
Does that actually work for you? I find that I can easily earn negative points and they have lasting "value" but positive points are fleeting at best. ;)
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Marylander is correct. My "good hubby" points only seem to last to the afternoon or so.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

You guys are doing it wrong...you need to establish low expectations so that any nice thing you do becomes cause for celebration... :lol2:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BillyGoat wrote:Marylander is correct. My "good hubby" points only seem to last to the afternoon or so.
In the military we learned that one "awe shit" wipes out 10,000 attaboys instantly. :dry:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Ah marriage the downfall of many a motorcycle collection. Came close once. Still have a couple motorcycles she bought me. Kinda miss her sometimes. But the bikes are always waiting for me. :think:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:Ah marriage the downfall of many a motorcycle collection. Came close once. Still have a couple motorcycles she bought me. Kinda miss her sometimes. But the bikes are always waiting for me. :think:
a very wise man :hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

OK for those not married or who are contemplating marriage: The rule goes, NEVER sell your motorcycle BEFORE buying another one. You may never get that "next one" after your wife discovers the cash, it will go to those curtains you promised her 5 years ago, a couch, braces for the kid, etc. Put another way, buy the replacement before selling the old bike. :deal:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I thought the rule was to make sure you always have at least 3 bikes. That way you can get rid of 1 to keep the peace with the wife while still having a little bit of variety. Even better don't worry so much about keeping the peace and move on to 4+ bikes as soon as feasible. I'm still working on this step (only have 3 bikes). I'll let you know how it goes. I've only got ~23 years of marriage experience so I'm still kind of a noob.