I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

anyone have ideas for homeade trials practice track?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
jcbr6
DAMN n00b

anyone have ideas for homeade trials practice track?

Post by jcbr6 »

Im just getting into trials and looking to setup a practice track.
i have lots of down trees in the yard so i have started to cut and stack some for practice.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D ... oto%2c.JPG

Anyone have any other ideas for obstacles that would be good for practice? I dont have machinery to move large rocks or dirt so i have to stick to things that can be moved with ATV or bruit force.

Anyone else have a practice track? post some pics if you do.

Jason
thetable
DAMN Expert

Re: anyone have ideas for homeade trials practice track?

Post by thetable »

There's a decent sized thread on ADV, something to the effect of "backyard setups."

Pallets seem to be popular as do landscaping timbers and rocks. Heavy equipment tires are also pretty popular, but they look heavy.

I'm just working on standing still right now.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

you don't need much. Even using big trees (not cut down) can help with wheelie into the tree, front wheel plant then bounce off and pivot turn. Spending time balancing and wheel hopping the front and back tire is much better than obstacles at first. You can always add in obstacles, but spending time on the basics like balance and hopping are the first skills to spend the most time on.
Lots of cool bikes---
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

My backyard trials: One of the play areas behind the house. :ride:

Image[/URL]
jcbr6
DAMN n00b

Post by jcbr6 »

Firebolter wrote:you don't need much. Even using big trees (not cut down) can help with wheelie into the tree, front wheel plant then bounce off and pivot turn. Spending time balancing and wheel hopping the front and back tire is much better than obstacles at first. You can always add in obstacles, but spending time on the basics like balance and hopping are the first skills to spend the most time on.

I agree i need a lot more time spent on basic balance and hopping, But it is hard not to want to hit some obstacles now and then
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Stinson wrote:My backyard trials: One of the play areas behind the house. :ride:
suck, you :amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Kyler wrote:
Stinson wrote:My backyard trials: One of the play areas behind the house. :ride:
suck, you :amazon:
HEY Kyler Guy - You better be nice or I'll report YOU to the site ADMIN!!!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BigBird wrote:HEY Kyler Guy - You better be nice or I'll report YOU to the site ADMIN!!!
:shhh:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

jcbr6 wrote:Im just getting into trials and looking to setup a practice track.
i have lots of down trees in the yard so i have started to cut and stack some for practice.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D ... oto%2c.JPG

Anyone have any other ideas for obstacles that would be good for practice? I dont have machinery to move large rocks or dirt so i have to stick to things that can be moved with ATV or bruit force.

Anyone else have a practice track? post some pics if you do.

Jason
Too bad you didn't hook up with the trials day I hosted last Saturday.
All my stuff is basic training materials.
15 sections and easy to make more.
Forget about riding over things till you understand proper technique.
Many guys can jump large logs and rocks but can't make a off camber turn without taking points.
Check with R&T to see if any spots are remaining for the Ryan Young school coming up in September....best money you will ever spend to be trained by one of the best trials riders in the nation and Ryan is an excellent teacher....lots of one on one attention.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr