I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Those Freerides must be super light bikes

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

Member R&T Club, and GMER
thetable
DAMN Expert

Re: Those Freerides must be super light bikes

Post by thetable »

I don't get it... He sent his bike flying off the side of the hill, then the fork got tweaked in the triples. Now his bike is F-ed? Crap, I've done that multiple times on the same ride.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

what a pussy. he didn't even try to straighten the forks. Shoot, I've ridden 1/2 the Hammer Run like that!

and what was he doing on a hiking trail?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Shit I've finished a moto with a taco'd front wheel after shorting a double at Doublin Gap. Not in last place either. Was kinda cool the way the bike just sailed over the ledge down into the valley and started right up when he got there.

but since the bike is f*#ked what does he want for it????
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I guess I don't know what "destroyed" means but that looks like a fun place to ride. All those steps on the hills. I've always wanted to go around riding up and down steps. I think maybe that started with watching an Evil Kneivel biography/movie back in the 70s or 80s where he went into a house or something and rode up the stairs... When electric bikes get to be affordably priced I'm totally going to ride one around town going up and down the concrete stairs... ;)
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

If my riding sucked that much the last thing I would do is post a video of it....what a dipshit
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

I think we all can admit to looping out a time or two, but I have never seen hang time like that.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I will let Phoo add comment to the above "hang time" comment.
Hatfield single track can offer some amazing riding situations.
He must have used Red Bull for premix that morning.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

The only thing I have seen similar to that was an incident I had with my trials bike years ago. I was climbing up a small rock face about 3' high and my hydration hose (which I let swing around that day) wrapped my throttle and when I pushed the from end down over the top of the face, full throttle occurred. The bike lunched like 6' in the air and shot straight ahead out into the woods like 50'. it literally went right over the top of one of my riding buddies who just barely got down as the bike flew over his head. He had to be 30' in front of me. The funny part was I was left standing on the top of the rock face like I planned the whole thing staring in disbelief. If you ride with me now you will notice I am particular about my hydration hose.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I'm hoping the tethered kill switch on the trials bike will keep the launches from being quite as spectacular.
Although, I did launch my 350 directly at Shane Watts during one of the DirtWise drills. But that was on flat ground.