I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

just in case

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: just in case

Post by Firebolter »

I saw one of these at the Fall Trail Ride. The dealer in Gaithersburg sells them. Cleveland Cycle works and they are ALOT cheaper, like ~2100 bucks for one. Same premise, mountain bike type frame with a knock off Honda motor. You can punch these motors out up to 170's for pretty cheap.

Video here
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote:\
My 450EXC was a fantastic bike for single track and DS riding. I miss it.
Remind me again why you sold it? :amazon:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote:
thetable wrote: As to all this dual sport nonsense, my 350XCF-W is my DS, despite lacking a little DOT equipment (at the moment.) Despite how the manufacturers label them, a 650 class machine is not a DS in my mind.
I think it depends on what your definition of "DS" is. Your 350XCF-W is a SWEET machine (and next on my list of bikes) but in my mind it is just a tagged dirt bike just like my WR 450 is a tagged dirt bike. Yes, these events we go to like the Hammer, Michaux and RORR are referred to as "dual-sports" but in reality they are trail rides that you need to be tagged for to get from trail to trail. To me, a true DS motorcycle is just as Anotherguy described, it is a bike that does nothing well; that is because they can do EVERYTHING including for real road miles and for real off-road and not just travel from trail to trail like a tagged dirt bike. Perfect examples of this are a WR250, DRZ 400, DR 650, the mighty Honda XRL 650 and maybe even your KLR. If you don't agree with me, I am planning a trip next summer to ride from Baltimore to the Allegheney National forest and then spend several days off roading on the ATV trails. My Honda is the only bike in my stable capable of a 600 mile round trip back road ride coupled with a hundred miles of off-road trail riding. Will I wish I had my Tiger when riding the roads to get there; absolutely, but the Tiger would kill me on the trails. Will I wish I had my WR when we hit the trails; absolutely, but the WR would kill me on the road. However, if you want to ride your 350XCF-W and do this whole trip, I will happily add it to Skinny-J's list of approved for-real DS motorcycles...... :thumbup:
Skinny-J is a wise, wise man. I have force marched the DRz over some knarly stuff but after getting the WR I have decided to leave the truly nasty stuff to the truly nasty bike. The DRz has been tweaked to a moe better DS machine.

Re: the part in red :thumbsup: !! That is what the DRz was built for!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:
Kyler wrote:My 450EXC was a fantastic bike for single track and DS riding. I miss it.
:doh: I ask myself that frequently :wallbash:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:
Kyler wrote:My 450EXC was a fantastic bike for single track and DS riding. I miss it.
:doh: I ask myself that frequently :wallbash:
Get you some of this:
I rode Paul's in Vermont, far and away the best "off-road" bike I've ever ridden! I wish I could afford one but if you get one I promise to not break any kick stands!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:Get you some of this:
I rode Paul's in Vermont, far and away the best "off-road" bike I've ever ridden! I wish I could afford one but if you get one I promise to not break any kick stands!
I'm holding out for the 350EXC. I tried to get SWMBO's permission to get one before I bought the FZ-09. Still don't understand her logic :screwy: but I have a new red FZ-09 in the garage and I'm not complaining!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Garage? Ride it.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:Garage? Ride it.
as long as it is above 50 I do. Yes, I'm a cold weather pussy :lol2:
Ken
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'll be happy to ride it when it's cold out
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I think it was just above 50 when I left for work this morning. Of course it rained the whole hour I was heading in. Bleah...