I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

just in case

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: just in case

Post by juddspaintballs »

They're taking pre-orders for these now. I'd love to have one, but not at the prices they want. I love the idea of a super light dirt bike.

http://www.fxbikes.com/

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

It's kind of funny to me that you see the huge, fat ADV bikes often called dualsports...
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Skinny-J wrote:...I will happily add it to Skinny-J's list of approved for-real DS motorcycles...... :thumbup:
You're talking about touring not D/Sing. And my bike isn't heavy enough, nor do I have a lock big enough to park anywhere near Bmore. I've put in some long rides on my 350, and I'm planning on doing some longer rides next year. Most of what keeps me away is my concern for burning up good tires on the street.

Bikes I'll give the nod to, even if they are on the portly side: DRZ-S, WRR, CRFL, KLX, even 690R. XRL, ugh, now we're into the 350lb bike range, and I really don't want to pick that up more than once, much less have it fall on me.

At about that 300lb mark, riding them goes from dual-sport to dual-work, but that's just one man's opinion.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

juddspaintballs wrote:They're taking pre-orders for these now. I'd love to have one, but not at the prices they want. I love the idea of a super light dirt bike.

http://www.fxbikes.com/

[img]http://www.fxbikes.com/wp-content/uploa ... 5-540w.jpg[/ img]
I'm offended at what they want for shipping, AND the pricing premium for the uprated models.
https://fxbikes.tilt.com/fx5-pre-orders-usa

Base model shipping: $1150
Top model shipping: $2279, and it is 4 lbs lighter!

I can buy a brand new bike AND have it shipped across the country to me for what they want for JUST shipping on a $12,000-14,000 bike!!!
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

thetable wrote: Bikes I'll give the nod to, even if they are on the portly side: DRZ-S, WRR, CRFL, KLX, even 690R. XRL, ugh, now we're into the 350lb bike range, and I really don't want to pick that up more than once, much less have it fall on me.
Where is your sense of adventure and excitement? :lol2:

I had my KLR fall (including once on my then 15 yo son) more than a few times. Getting that pig back on two wheels turns DS riding into a triathlon.
I used wheel the thing around the Green Ridge ORV with no problems. :whoop:

There was guy, pro rider, who used to win enduros back in the 90's on a 650 Honda.
Who was that?
Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

dirtygrunt wrote:There was guy, pro rider, who used to win enduros back in the 90's on a 650 Honda.
Who was that?
Scott Summers, GNCC, and he didn't ride an XRL, that's for sure. An XR600R and an XR650R, IIRC.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'll bet BigBird has one ordered :amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

That's Scott Summers in the pic I posted above along with one of his race bikes.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Kyler wrote:I'll bet BigBird has one ordered :amazon:
The OFG is VERY happy with the Freeride and the e-start 200 XCW. I think I've pretty much got the bases covered at the moment.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike