I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What gear?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: What gear?

Post by Marylander »

I don't notice extra heat from the armored jersey I wear (some model EVS) as I get hot regardless. I can't wear stand alone elbow guards as they kill my forearms, which have some nerve issues (this is also the reason I've got an autoclutch). The armored jersey takes care of the arms plus add in chest, shoulder and back armor than I never used to use. I prefer the cheap knee armor too, pay more and they just get more restrictive and more difficult to fit in my boots.
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Helmet,goggles,gloves,shred resistant pants/jersey,chest/back protection and the best boots I can afford at replacement time.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

A kilt, flip flops and baseball cap, maybe some sunglasses.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Sunglasses and baseball cap? That's too much gear. That's like wearing socks AND shoes.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

I'm an ATGATT guy, probably because I'm inept, and crash a lot. I wear a Thor armor shirt ($149), Thor knee-shin ($15), plus the regular boots gloves helmet.
I do the VCHSS series, and that has been a sufficient level of protection.
Disaster Racing
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

I've been thru a ton of plastic and soft elbow and knee pads/guards. Hated them all. Hate the hard knee/shin guards going into the boots. Uncomfortable as hell and made me feel like a friggin transformer. Same for the plastic elbow guards. The soft elbow guards are always sliding down due to vibration. Hate pressure suits as I'm sweating already too much. My current soft knee pads chafe the back of my knees so bad at least one bleeds for every 4 hours of riding.

Good side? I have starting wearing knee pads and elbow pads for wrestling. They're well made, tough, and the padding is "real nice" (said like Cousin Eddie). They dont move around, aren't binding or restrictive. They're made by "Brute" called "EXO" and available on Amazon, et. al.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

B00ST00 wrote:I currently ride with the bare minimum when it comes to gear. Helmet, goggles, gloves, boots.

What are my options for knee/ elbow protection and what is overkill? I've been trying to ride weekly and would like to compete in hairscrambles next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you riding dirt? You are local to me, we should ride sometime.
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

What gear?

Post by B00ST00 »

I ride dirt with my yz250 but just picked up a 15' GS adv for the in between stuff. Where do you ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk