I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Earthmovers

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Earthmovers

Post by Firebolter »

Cool video. Love the big bores, but they are a hand full!

Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Earthmovers

Post by Boom Boom »

I was ready to see a couple D-11 CAT dozers having at it.

The older I get the more the smaller bore bikes interest me, guess I can twist the grip further without killing myself if done on the big bore bikes
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Boom Boom wrote:I was ready to see a couple D-11 CAT dozers having at it.

The older I get the more the smaller bore bikes interest me, guess I can twist the grip further without killing myself if done on the big bore bikes
XR100
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Boom Boom wrote:
I have always loved smaller bore bikes, makes you a better rider since you have to attack more, pick better lines and use momentum more. Plus the lighter weight saves energy in the long run. The 18 years I lived in Hawaii, I always had a 125 (pre-200 days) and a 300. Then when the 200's came out, I dropped the 125 and 300 and just rode a 200 for the last 3-4 years I was there. You're gonna like my new little screamer I am building now! I got the head, cylinder and new piston back yesterday, so ready to install. I have a feeling the 300 will get a break for awhile once I start riding this little rig!
Lots of cool bikes---
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Firebolter wrote:You're gonna like my new little screamer I am building now! I got the head, cylinder and new piston back yesterday, so ready to install.

Husky 165? :thumbup:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

gots_a_sol wrote:
Firebolter wrote:You're gonna like my new little screamer I am building now! I got the head, cylinder and new piston back yesterday, so ready to install.

Husky 165? :thumbup:
Don't forget to check the valve.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I love their videos.

Before I had my KTM (my first two stroke bike ever), I was a huge fan of supermoto and had my DR650 rigged up into a street motard. I absolutely loved watching the videos of guys on 500cc two stroke motards ripping it up. Luckily I didn't quite have the funds to buy, but I almost bought a plated KX500 motard. I'm pretty sure that thing probably would have killed me. Only after buying my KTM 300 did I realize how crappy my braking skills were.
I had a good crash on the 300 the first time I took it out. I was on a fairly open fireroad and I got into the power band only to see a corner coming up quick. Rolling off the throttle I think I expected to feel some engine braking. With no engine braking it almost felt like the bike actually sped up. Anyways, I panicked and tucked the front end.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

thetable wrote: Don't forget to check the valve.

Well if he got his '13 stuff bored out he shouldn't have that problem. The old style power valves tapered down and that is where mine broke. The new ones are one diameter all the way to the end (and are a different shape which means they can't be swapped)

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I rode Paul's KTM500 when we where in Vermont last Summer. That thing is a beast! Maybe not the best bike for tight woods work but it was the most planted and smoothest power delivery bike I have ever ridden!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:I rode Paul's KTM500 when we where in Vermont last Summer. That thing is a beast! Maybe not the best bike for tight woods work but it was the most planted and smoothest power delivery bike I have ever ridden!
"Beast" is an understatement; that thing made my 650 feel under-powered! When I pulled the front wheel up in 3rd gear at 65 mph I knew I needed to get off that thing real fast or bad things were going to happen; like me going home and buying one..... :knary:

SJ