I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Earthmovers

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Earthmovers

Post by Firebolter »

gots_a_sol wrote:
Firebolter wrote:You're gonna like my new little screamer I am building now! I got the head, cylinder and new piston back yesterday, so ready to install.

Husky 165? :thumbup:
Yup, a 165 built on a new/left over 13. Got mine done by Walt (of Cafe Husky fame). Valves installed from my 125 cylinder and cut to match the 165 bore. Walt installs and sets up the cylinder and send it's back ready to install.

Can't wait to get it installed and broken in. Walt uses Wossner pistons and they are really well made. Nicest piston I have ever seen. I added a Lectron to the mix, set up for the 165 by Kevin at Lectron with a "Husky" specific needle the 165 Boyz at Motosportz developed with Lectron. These guys have 2 years on these builds now, so should be pretty bullet proof.
Lots of cool bikes---
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Firebolter wrote:
gots_a_sol wrote:
Firebolter wrote:You're gonna like my new little screamer I am building now! I got the head, cylinder and new piston back yesterday, so ready to install.

Husky 165? :thumbup:
Yup, a 165 built on a new/left over 13. Got mine done by Walt (of Cafe Husky fame). Valves installed from my 125 cylinder and cut to match the 165 bore. Walt installs and sets up the cylinder and send it's back ready to install.

Can't wait to get it installed and broken in. Walt uses Wossner pistons and they are really well made. Nicest piston I have ever seen. I added a Lectron to the mix, set up for the 165 by Kevin at Lectron with a "Husky" specific needle the 165 Boyz at Motosportz developed with Lectron. These guys have 2 years on these builds now, so should be pretty bullet proof.

I think a side by side test should be in order. Stock 125 vs 165? That 165 will be sweet! :roost:
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Firebolter wrote:Yup, a 165 built on a new/left over 13. Got mine done by Walt (of Cafe Husky fame). Valves installed from my 125 cylinder and cut to match the 165 bore. Walt installs and sets up the cylinder and send it's back ready to install.

Did you get the 200 pipe as well?

I've had mine setup as a 165 for ~1.5 years now and have a bit over 100 hours on it. Other than the power valve issue, it has been flawless. 165/36mm lectron/200 ktm pipe + rekluse/lhrb = super awesome.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

No, didn't get the 200 pipe yet only because I scored a brand new 144 kit that came with a brand new Fatty and power core can so I am gonna run that at first.

Want to ride it first with that pipe and break it in then maybe switch up to the 200 pipe later on. Definitely want to add the Rekluse after I get a feel for it first without it.
Lots of cool bikes---