I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Pure bad luck

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Re: Pure bad luck

Post by BillyGoat »

Hey, no-one has mentioned that the pilot was the same dude that crashed a prop-driven plane at the very same airport in 2010. Whaddaheck did the FAA do about that? Now that makes it slightly harder to forgive. :amazon:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I've thought of switching to being a cop more than once during my career and I keep getting reminded why I don't. A regular patrol cop's job sucks. No one likes traffic stops, they can never "get there" quickly enough, there's always allegations of abuse, they spend most of their time working alone, etc. They don't stop being a cop when they're not on the clock. They're always keeping an eye out for something and always carrying. Things are worse if they drive their cruiser off-duty because now they have an obligation to stop at wrecks they pass. They get stuck directing traffic in crappy weather, they have to babysit downed wires on the road, and they write a report for everything, they get called names and criticized for everything they do. In a social situation, no one can have a normal conversation with them when they first meet and it's revealed that they're a cop. I worked armed security prior to getting hired as a fireman and I wouldn't want to do that again either.

I typically like my job. I usually run a call with at least one other person, often more. People like when I show up and readily invite me into their home. No matter how much of an a-hole I am to people (some people need it), my job is rarely criticized. We don't direct traffic, we identify that wires are on the ground in the road and then let the cops babysit them, our reports are short and sweet, and people bring us food and thank us for our service (of course, most still think we're volunteers...). When I'm not at work, I'm not working. I have no obligation to stop when I see something outside of work. The only awkward part about first meetings in social situations is that people always ask about the gnarliest thing I've seen. At this point, I get paid too well to switch sides. I'm pretty sure I have no desire to anymore, either. I'm in a good rank and position now and my shift is full of good guys too.

That was certainly a once in a career type of call and a very long day for us all.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

All public service people have my respect. :thumbup:
Many thankless jobs being performed.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr