I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

trade options for my KLR250

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: trade options for my KLR250

Post by Marylander »

Skinny-J wrote:9. and the biggest thing that finally made it really ridable was a Reluse EXP core auto-clutch.
I thought the same thing. I've got one in my 00 kx250. I've been undoing a bunch of the other stuff since the rekluse does so much on its own. Most recently I switched back to the stock throttle from the G2 throttle tamer I'd had on there. I don't think I'll be withouth an autoclutch again...
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

There is one other thing you can do to a MX bike to tame it some, gearing. Don't be afraid of a good condition used 2 stroke MX bike. Between a fly wheel weight and some possible gearing changes, you can make a MX bike a pretty sweet trail bike. You can always add a auto clutch and suspension upgrades latter. Learn how to ride first. Don't just look at craigslist, go to big boards like KTM talk, Cafe Husky and ADV rider. You'd be surprised at all of the bikes for sale in your area that you would NEVER see on CL.
Lots of cool bikes---
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I found a few on Bikefinds.com
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

I agree that a flywheel weight will make a huge difference, but given the difference in weight that a MX bike I'm that size is going to bee spring for and Jed's size, I'd recommend that be his first or second mod. I am larger also, and doing the suspension made a HUGE difference in the controlability of the bike.
Disaster Racing
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

:thumbup:

Now what is it? :lol2: *edit* Just saw the other thread.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:cheers:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris