I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

No longer in the Sport Touring Group - Connie is gone :(

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

After 5 years I have decided to leave the sport touring community and took the Connie for its last ride. It was a great ride about 60 miles through country roads and city streets, past all kind of people out enjoying the sun and nice weather, breweries, parties, wineries, and Harley dealerships with my son on his bike...in the end I pulled her over on the north west side of Philly, parked her on a sidewalk, said good bye and didn't look back. Connie and I had some great trips, have some good stories or riding to the Maryland shore and Pennsylvania mountains. Some deer has a great story up in Elk County PA about hitting a big sport touring bike head on. But in the end, we never connected and after 20,000 miles it was time to say goodbye. I took my Camaro (named Ruby) to work the last week and she was telling me I needed a new gem in the garage. So I listened, and brought home my new girl Sapphire...She is so sweet and actually so far feels more comfortable than the C14. Time will tell but so far we are off to good start.

Meet my new girl Sapphire and welcome to the Adventure Crowd :loveit:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: No longer in the Sport Touring Group - Connie is gone :(

Post by Rut Row »

Nice! is it a 2015?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 »

Congrats! I too recently picked up and adv bike. Will you be taking it off pavement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Ken...Yes its a 2015 XcX model.

B00ST00 = it most definitely will see dirt, I want to get a feel for the bike first, but that is the plan
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Nice! I couldn't get into the sport touring bike thing either (albeit on a 97 connie).
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 »

Ovo wrote:Ken...Yes its a 2015 XcX model.

B00ST00 = it most definitely will see dirt, I want to get a feel for the bike first, but that is the plan
Awesome! I've been spending a lot of time in western md and wva on my gs adv and enjoying every minute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk