I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I have a new love: Sherco X-Ride

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I just picked up a 2015 X-Ride from Clay a couple weeks ago. Made the mistake of only getting one picture before she got dirty...

It really is the bike I didn't know I needed, and I wonder why I waited so long to get. Took it straight from the warehouse to Trials Training Center in TN and bounced off a couple of the trials sections.

Then took it up to Tasker's Gap and got her muddy and bounced off a few rocks.

Such a fun little bike. Every time I get on it, I feel like a kid again. I washed her the other day, and to dry it off, I rode around the yard. Next thing I know, it's a half hour later and I'm sweating. So much fun.

A plate is in my future, just waiting on the MSO.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: I have a new love: Sherco X-Ride

Post by Rut Row »

thetable wrote:A plate is in my future, just waiting on the MSO.
I was wondering if it could be plated. No turn signals or brake light so looks like a little work is required
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Kyler wrote:
thetable wrote:A plate is in my future, just waiting on the MSO.
I was wondering if it could be plated. No turn signals or brake light so looks like a little work is required
It does have a working brake light, plate light, high/low beam, and controls for turn signals and horn. Didn't come with a horn, turns, or mirror, but there are part numbers for all of it. She even has DOT tires.
I don't need turns in VA, and I'll bolt on a bicycle mirror.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

not that I can afford one, but what are these going for?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice.
I rode Mike's around a bit and they are very cool.
For me it is a near perfect "old guy" bike, referring only to myself. :deal:
Similar to a Pampera I think.

I think they are around $7-8K. Not bad if it's got a tag. That opens up options for where to ride.

Discussion- would putting a long range tank, a seat and making a few other adjustments to a "regular" trials bike serve the same purpose?
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

dirtygrunt wrote:Nice.
I rode Mike's around a bit and they are very cool.
For me it is a near perfect "old guy" bike, referring only to myself. :deal:
Similar to a Pampera I think.

I think they are around $7-8K. Not bad if it's got a tag. That opens up options for where to ride.

Discussion- would putting a long range tank, a seat and making a few other adjustments to a "regular" trials bike serve the same purpose?
I went that route with the Beta and it didn't work.
First trials brakes will not tolerate any heavy had use without over heating, the X-ride has larger brakes.
The rake on the Xride is a little more than a trials bike so better trail manners at speed.
The peg position on the Xride allows normal sit down riding, trials bikes with a seat you still have your feet back too far to sit and ride nor be able to use the brake while sitting.
The X-ride is 100% a trials engine so it does have the trials big gap from 3rd to 4th and then 5th.
I have ridden some vintage trials sections with mine and it will turn about the same as a 70's vintage bike.
If you like a trials bike but want to be comfortable to sit and ride also it is a great fit.
If you want to go explore and just go where you point the bike, again a great fit.
The gear spacing makes it not a reasonable choice if you have much road surface to cover (average dual sport event) but to slip down the road between riding spots then perfect. They can be plated, I know of two owners (in Pa) with them plated.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

DAMN Mike, you have all the answers :lol2:
Well said.
Thanks.
Bruce
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Kyler wrote:not that I can afford one, but what are these going for?
Asking price is $7500+$400 freight.
dirtygrunt wrote:Discussion- would putting a long range tank, a seat and making a few other adjustments to a "regular" trials bike serve the same purpose?
My trials experience is exactly one bike deep, but I'm not sure you could bolt on enough parts to get to the same level of functionality. It feels like the geometry has been tweaked enough to add for a lot more stability at speed, as well as upping the spring rates and damping to match the slightly faster bike. Pegs also feel like they're further forward, and shifter can be reached from the pegs. And big brakes.

I'm expecting to make it my trail marking and clearing workhorse, where we do have some public road sections. I do figure that I'll have some gearing to play with. I've already taken it places that I wouldn't think about taking a full sized enduro without even thinking about it, other than, "I'm glad I'm not on the 350."
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

dirtygrunt wrote:DAMN Mike, you have all the answers :lol2:
Well said.
Thanks.
You are welcome to spend an afternoon on mine.

You now have a Sherco dealer in Dillsburg :deal:

All the importer inventory of the X-rides have been sold (Joe got the last one) but the 2016's will soon be available and I know of a couple used ones on the market (one close to Acme Pa).

The same dealer in Dillsburg will also have the Beta Cross Trainer, the two he has coming has already been sold but I plan to give one a close look over while at the shop. This bike has caused a large demand and many shipments back ordered. Funny, the market said no one would want a "less than race" bike. Guess the numbers of us old farts just wanting to have fun is growing.

I have a chainsaw mount on the front of my X-ride and it is the perfect go anywhere trail making / clearing bike. It can idle all day and never overheat and with shy of 2 gallons of fuel and a trials engine sipping away at the fuel you can put in a big day with no issues.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Mine is also available for demos. I can't promise to be as generous as Boom Boom with a full afternoon, because hey, I want to ride it too, but yeah, hit me up.