I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Two bikes for one

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Two bikes for one

Post by Junior »

So! I`m thinking about selling both my 450 & 250 and replace them with one duel sport/ single track bike. Being a husky guy I`d like to think about the TE 300. Are they exactly like the KTMs? Also what other bikes would be cool to look at? I`ve seen a Gas Gas or two that I like. Must be e-start and two stroke. With parts easy to find.

And I`m still dumb so I`ll need something that can pull my arms off!!!!!!!
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Re: Two bikes for one

Post by Taylor »

I'm a Husky guy also. Other than a few changes ( rear subframe air box) the TE300 is a White KTM. :shrug:
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
thetable
DAMN Expert

Two bikes for one

Post by thetable »

Wouldn't touch a GG, not with their current financials and parts "availability."

I really like the Sherco lineup, and keep playing with the idea of going from orange to blue, but right now, I'm really happy with my new, local OB dealer. I keep putting a bug in his ear to pick up Sherco, but I don't know if that will happen. Boom Boom can talk more about parts availability than I can, but all I've heard is good, and Clay is good to deal with.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Hard to go wrong with a 300 smoker and the "W" tranny. 1st is low for the ugly stuff and 6th can be geared to roll road at 50 mph without being into the power band. The newer KTM starters have improved a bunch over the early generations. For what you want to do and you still want to fly the Husky flag you should just pull the trigger and go ride the wheels off of it.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

I`ll stick with husky
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

My 13 TE300 has been awesome. Runs great and is reliable. For now, the Husky's are still basically "KTM's" but they will go to a new "All Husky" motor in the near future supposedly. Add a Lectron and never touch jets again for any season or altitude! In 6th gear my TE300 will run up to 70mph easily without it sounding like it is wound up tight. 55mph cruising is effortless with that tranny. I'd call Harold and see what his price is OTD. I love this bike and plan to keep my 13 for a few more years. Parts are plentiful and yes, alot of parts are cross compatible from KTM to Husky, motor for sure. The other hot tip, get the high compression head and SX CDI, really wakes up the low to mid range and makes an already strong motor, that much stronger.
Lots of cool bikes---