I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

SWM making a come back, but no Trials!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

SWM making a come back, but no Trials!

Post by Firebolter »

Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: SWM making a come back, but no Trials!

Post by Boom Boom »

No gay trials bikes...that will make SJ happy.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

that is a new one to me, never heard of them
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bucho wrote:that is a new one to me, never heard of them
Young pup anyhow....had the 240 and a 320.
Wish I still had the 240 or a Jumbo 350.

Local guy has a few of the SWM enduro bikes in his collection.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

SWM made the best twin shock trials bikes. I know a guy locally that has a couple. Really rare to find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

You always see one or two at the MAVT events. They weren't around long, but they were potent and well made. Cool back story, this company was started by racers to make the bikes they could not get from the mainstream guys. This is form their webpage under History:

In the early Seventies, during the now denominated Endurance races, the fabulous Italian 4stroke bikes started to struggle competing against the more powerful foreign 2stroke. To face this merging hegemony, two riders and friends with the same passion for off-road decided to build their own motorcycle, establishing SWM, that stays for Speedy Working Motors.

In the Rivolta d’Adda headquarters three models were created with 50, 100, and 125 cc Sachs engines that during their racing debut conquered prestigious spots, impressing the audience with their technical features like the rectangular sectioned fork, absolute new in those days, and for the modern and personal designed characterized by the amaranth chassis and the silver accessories that lasted for a long time in the fans hearts.

PALMARES

Since the first appearance, SWM outstand for their competitiveness that allowed to collect prestigious successes in off-road competitions that lasted for over a decade. The international debut was in Spain in 1971, during a race of the European Championship in which Pierluigi Rottigni finished second in the 125 class and Giuseppe Signorelli finished third in the 100 class.

That was the start of a reach palmares of titles including the Italian Motocross 125 title won the following year by the Italian rider Afro Rustignoli and the bronze medal conquered in the European 125 Endurance class by Rottigni. These victories made the Italian Company shoot ahead. More victories in the SWM palmares are the conquer of the Six Days Silver Vase, the European Endurance and Kart titles, a Trial world title, and several Trial and Motocross national titles, with a sixth place in Motocross 250 class in 1981.
Lots of cool bikes---