I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2016 Beta 2 Strokes

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

2016 Beta 2 Strokes

Post by Firebolter »

Pretty cool, but wonder how reliable it will be?

2016 Beta 250RR and 300RR Two-Strokes

The big news for the 2016 RR Enduro two-stroke models is the introduction of Beta’s electronic oil injection system on both the 250 and 300 RR models. This system was introduced in 2015 on the XTrainer model. This new feature ensures a perfect fuel-oil mix under any conditions and engine speed while saving riders from having to pre-mix gas. This new system also reduces 50% of the smoke from the exhaust compared to a traditional pre-mixed two-stroke as the system is managed by an ECU with integrated mix and engine control which is able to measure the oil based on the engine’s revs and engine load measured by the TPS (Throttle Position System).
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: 2016 Beta 2 Strokes

Post by Wingfixer »

Will they be street legal?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Wingfixer wrote:Will they be street legal?
2 stroke, EPA, definitely not. Will they be tagable, that's a different question.

Reliability, it shouldn't be the problem it used to be, the technology should be pretty solid at this point. Oil injection has been running around in jet skis, outboards, and sleds for a while now. While they may not be subject to the same extremes of on-off throttle, they do prove it hat the system can work well. Not to mention, I can't imagine that they would bet a good chunk of sales on a system that they haven't fully tested.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I guess my question should have been; Any idea what kind of title they will come with?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

A friend of mine got one of those new Beta CrossTrainers. They come with the oil injection system.
I cant wait to see his bike in person (and hopefully bum a ride on it).

At least on paper it looks like a bike that could replace my old 300.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:I guess my question should have been; Any idea what kind of title they will come with?
clear unless you have a loan ... :angel:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Wingfixer wrote:I guess my question should have been; Any idea what kind of title they will come with?
I don't know Beta all that well, but a buddy just picked up an Evo 300, and according to him, it came with an MC title.
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

What is an "MC" title?
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

BillyGoat wrote:What is an "MC" title?
Rather than the title a motocross bike would come with, stamped "for off highway use only" or something like that.

Meaning, pass MD inspection and you have a dualsport bike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Japanese dirt bikes come with a manufacturer's certificate (statement) of origin rather than a title. I've gotten one converted into a street legal title before and am contemplating doing it again with the kdx I picked up from my brother. Biggest pain in the butt is finding the right MVA employee (one who actually knows the rules). I've got a line on that though...