I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

ADVRider

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

ADVRider

Post by Rut Row »

I'm not fond of the new Adventur Rider forum software and layout. Not friendly to navigate at all.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Re: ADVRider

Post by anotherguy »

I don't even go to the zoo anymore. No longer worth the effort.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I miss user cp and search.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Eh, its not too bad once you get used to it. One of the Husky forums I frequent has been using the same software for as long as I have been visiting it, so that helps.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

I wandered over to the zoo and DAMN if you ain't right. Annoying visuals s well as complicated w/a loss in features.
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I'm not seeing all the difficulties y'all are talking about. Other than missing my usercp and search, I haven't had any problems navigating. I like the new look.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I don't like change but I'm getting used to it. Some of the missing features, search for one, are going to be turned on at a later date. I guess they have their hands full working the conversion bugs out for now.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

ADV's search feature always sucked in the past. It even admitted it quite frequently. I've gotten used to simply doing a Google search of the site and that is just fine.

The annoying thing I'm running up on now is that when you click on a thread, the page loads to the last post on the page, not the top of the page. Quite often there are several posts prior to the last post on the page that I haven't yet read in a thread I like to read, so I don't want taken to the end. Is there a way to fix that in the options, perhaps?

The rest, I can live with. Well, the emails are now HTML annoying too. I liked the plain text email with a hyperlink to threads I'm subscribed to. I might be able to fix that with my email program, though.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Search is back, top right... don't know if it works though :lol2:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

You guys bitching about another forum on this forum is so sad.... :barf: