I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2016 Montesa Trials Bikes

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

2016 Montesa Trials Bikes

Post by Firebolter »

On 2 July, American Honda announced they would sell limited edition model of their world championship trials bikes in 2016. They are making 2 versions, the Cota 4RT260 and the Cota 300RR. The 300RR is a top level version with slightly more displacement than the 260 and some carbon fiber bits and titanium exhaust. Both use all of the good suspension stuff with a 4 caliper piston front brake, New forks etc. The 300RR is only 1 lb lighter than the 260. They are making more of the 260's than the 300's. Both bikes built completely at the factory in Spain. The 260's will come to the USA in 2 installments, OCT and DEC of 2015 and then that is it. 300's will come in DEC of 2015 and then that is it. You have to order one to get one.

In less than 2 weeks, Honda dealers took in more orders for 300's than they are making and have already filled the OCT quota for 260's. Dec quota's are filling up fast as well according to the dealer I talked to. They will sell every machine for the USA they will make before they are even assembled, smart.

Looks like Trials is making a growth in the US. There was a huge crowd at Rhode Island last weekend. And with Honda having the lead in the series and the world's top rider, they will do well. They were the only 4 stroke bike there last weekend.

I am happy to see trials growing in popularity in the US. Hopefully it continues to climb.

300RR

4RT260
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 2016 Montesa Trials Bikes

Post by Boom Boom »

My bitch with them is if the market demands more why not produce and supply?
All those bikes can't be more than a couple day production run at best.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I am sure it has to do with procurement of the parts and I don't mean brakes, forks and such, I mean the frames and motors, the special parts like that. It is a gamble to make more than what you can sell, plus it makes them "seem" more exclusive. Plus they are selling these in Europe and the rest of the world too, so have to plan for that. Hard to gauge Trials bikes in the US and how well certain models will sell. I am wondering how Vertigo will do? Lewisport has the importer deal for them, will be interesting to see how well they do.

I know in 2013, Husaberg SOLD every 300 they planned to import into the US. Most dealers had them sold before they were shipped. Same story? Why not make more? They only can make so many and better to sell out and create hype than have a lot of bikes you have to slash prices on to get rid of eventually.
Lots of cool bikes---
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Its Spain; they only work like 14 hours a month, how many bikes can you make in between siestas....
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:Its Spain; they only work like 14 hours a month, how many bikes can you make in between siestas....
:killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris