I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dakar Rally 2016

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Dakar Rally 2016

Post by Bucho »

I finally finished watching the race coverage. Cool to see a non European win the bike class. I watch very little sports during the year. I almost sort hate football and the superbowl even more simply bc its shown around the same as Dakar but nobody in the US has ever heard of it. Few times I hate america and think the rest of the world is awesome.

If I win powerball I field a DAMNrider Dakar team. A squad of bikes and someone can volunteer to drive a huge unimog to follow as a support truck.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Dakar Rally 2016

Post by Rut Row »

I'm IN as the Unimog driver!

I agree with your assessment of American sports too.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

What's football?

I've thought about maybe doing a little bit of spectating at the dakar and coordinating with visiting my wife's family in chile. Also considering riding down there from here, which some friends of mine did a few years ago (albeit before the race was held in SA).
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Watched one episode of highlights. Didn't bother a second time. So little information it was impossible to tell what was going on other than maybe leader and serious injury. Disappointing.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:Watched one episode of highlights. Didn't bother a second time. So little information it was impossible to tell what was going on other than maybe leader and serious injury. Disappointing.
which highlights the problem with sports reporting about anything other than the media-preferred sports. If they did a better job reporting, more people would get into it and watch.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris