I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

So Whats t The Weather Like At Your House

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Taylor
DAMN Expert

So Whats t The Weather Like At Your House

Post by Taylor »

Just got done blowing snow off our driveway at 1:00 and now looks like I didn't do anything. This snow is going to be hard to keep up with. Time to start :cheers:
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: So Whats t The Weather Like At Your House

Post by Marylander »

My fence is not as tall as I thought it was...
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Still blizzarding out there. No end in sight. I busted through the driveway a couple times this morning with the tractor, making a path to get out in the car if I needed to. My road (state highway) is single lane with about 4" of snow in the lane. I have a few paths in the yard dug with the tractor for the dogs to do their business and to get from their sunporch, dog cabin, and heated water bowl. I also dug out my generator and access to my wood boiler so I can keep feeding the fire. 3' of snow on the house and 72 degrees inside :lurker:
20160123_154718.jpg
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Yea its about 3' here too.

This was a few hours ago, plus I had shoveled off the first 6-8" from last night.

Fortunately I planned ahead :lol2:

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

It was about that many a few hours ago.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I managed to drive from Frederick down to Wheaton early Friday evening. My shift ended at 0630. Cant get home, so Im stuck. I wouldnt mind staying and working straight through till I can get home. But they dont do it that way. So Im waiting around till 8:30 pm till my shift starts again. Forgive my rant.

The snow is bad here. We still have idiots trying to drive in there honda civics and stuff. Very few of the side roads have been touched by plow and even major roads and parts of the highway are bad even for 4wd trucks.
Stay home and warm, have a few drinks. Try to enjoy it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Phil, I'm very lucky to have already had leave in for today. I don't get any of that excellent emergency pay, but I will get my leave back. Free day off and I don't have to deal with any of the snow BS.

Can you find the '80's F150 in this picture?
20160123_171721.jpg
And, the view from the dining room
20160123_171814.jpg
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

officially 36" has fallen in Jefferson which is 5 miles south of me. I'm done shovelling sonw for the night.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

DSC_2283_233tag5.JPG
Haven't bothered to measure but we're 30"+. Didn't see the high winds predicted though. Good because the drifts would have been brutal.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I know Jed, I'm happy to get emergency pay. I'm just annoyed to have 12 hours of dead time, that I can't go home and I'm NOT getting paid between shifts. It doesn't look like I'm getting home any earlier than Monday morning.

It would be more worth it if they would give me the keys to this and let me drive it.

We talked about the Dakar rally trucks in the other thread. This thing looks like it could do. Pretty badazz
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200