I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

will ken ever ride dirt again?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

will ken ever ride dirt again?

Post by Junior »

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Last edited by Junior on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: wiil ken ever ride dirt again?

Post by Firebolter »

Yeah, when monkeys fly outta my butt! :killingme:
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: wiil ken ever ride dirt again?

Post by Boom Boom »

Firebolter wrote:Yeah, when monkeys fly outta my butt! :killingme:
With you...that could be possible.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: will ken ever ride dirt again?

Post by Rut Row »

so here's the deal. My wife has pretty fragile health. For the last 15 years it has gotten worse year after year. She has had 12 major surgeries on her back (she is fused from her pelvis to just below her skull), 6 hip replacements/revisions, has COPD and is on oxygen, and the list goes on. She's a mess.

She was stable enough for me 'n Bonehead to do an adventure ride to Canada. When we were near Goose Bay, I called my wife and got very bad news. I almost left the bike there and caught a plane. Needless to say the rest of that trip sucked and I ruined it for Bonehead.

We had been talking about a vacation in Ireland for years. That scare in Canada said to me if we don't do it now, we may never do it. So I proceeded to sell everything to pay for the tickets, etc. I sold everything that could go quickly. Her health got stable enough and we went. As it was, three days after we got back, both rods broke in her back and she had ANOTHER major surgery.

She's been pretty stable since then and gotten well enough for us to travel again. Things are looking pretty good right now.

Now, I'm 4 years from retirement. I just bought 5 acres near Keedysville. We are going to built a handicapped accessible house (and a very cool polebarn with woodshop & bike shop). My financial focus is on getting a house built and moved. So, no money until after that to buy another DS bike. I ride what I have.

I still have my Montessa and do occasionally get out to ride trials events. I'll be taking the FZ-09 out more and will have DS tires on it soon too. I'll bring the Montessa to the reunion and putter around on it.

After I get into the new place and sell this house, then I'll get another DS bike.

I'm not looking for sympathy. It is what it is. I hope this puts things in perspective.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

:doh: :doh: sorry! just giving you a had time. next rounds on me. :cheers:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Junior wrote: :doh: :doh: sorry! just giving you a had time. next rounds on me. :cheers:

no problem! and I'll hold you to that! :freakey:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I have a spare bike for the next few months. I was going to try super hard to get Ken to come out and play one day on it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bring him to the cove! :deal: :lurker: :killingme:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:Bring him to the cove! :deal: :lurker: :killingme:
:doh: :chicken walking:
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:I have a spare bike for the next few months. I was going to try super hard to get Ken to come out and play one day on it.
I want to get on it before you give it back. :deal:
Ken