I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

KTM Freeride 250 vs Beta 300 X ride

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: KTM Freeride 250 vs Beta 300 X ride

Post by Marylander »

Anyone familiar with South Mountain Cycle Shop? I may be heading out there tomorrow...
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Yes! South Mountain is where I got my 300! Talk to Jared, he made me a smoking deal on my Beta and all the goodies I got with it. His price was about 15% less than the BYOB price through Beta, including their discount.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Cool, just finished talking to Jared on the phone. I should be picking the bike up tomorrow or friday depending on how work meetings go tomorrow. Work screws everything up but I guess it pays for the bike so... ;) I haven't bought a new dirt bike since 99 or 00 so pretty excited.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Congratulations... Shop should be looking empty. Spring has been good this year. Get some soft foam before you leave unless your ass is made of iron.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Seat doesn't break in, eh? I wonder if it's worse than 17 year old Kawasaki foam that's been cut down.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote:Cool, just finished talking to Jared on the phone. I should be picking the bike up tomorrow or friday depending on how work meetings go tomorrow. Work screws everything up but I guess it pays for the bike so... ;) I haven't bought a new dirt bike since 99 or 00 so pretty excited.

Ha ha! Awesome Kirk! Guess riding that day at the Cove you saw how awesome the Xtrainer I was riding was.

But seriously, its a really nice bike. I ordered the factory kickstart kit for my buddies, but I haven't put it on yet.
Other than that a softer seat would be really nice. Have fun with it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, when I saw some of the initial reports on the bike I was pretty interested. I had already thought maybe I would have fun on the AJPs, which are also more compact, but the xtrainer being a 2 stroke made it more interesting to me. Then I saw your buddy's bike at taskers and my interest was piqued. Seeing you riding it at the cove and hearing your assessment finally sold me on it. You'll get the bill in the mail. :killingme: I thought I might wait until there were some used ones out there as I'm kind of cheap but ended up figuring I'll keep the bike long term so what's the harm in buying new. My kx is almost 17 years old now...

Speaking of cheap and the kickstarter kit I think I'm going to wait on that, ~$400? :knary:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Jared stocks Gutts foam and so much nicer. Other nice thing is many of the aftermarket for the enduro also fit the Xtrainer. The engine pulls so low that stalling is almost impossible. When pulling big climbs the engine just pulls strong with no fear of power valve hit.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I'll have to see if he's got any low seat foam. I wouldn't mind the seat height being even lower.

Once I get this thing I may see if I can find someone who wants to trade a trials bike for a couple kawis (kx250 and kdx220).
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Marylander wrote:I'll have to see if he's got any low seat foam. I wouldn't mind the seat height being even lower.

Once I get this thing I may see if I can find someone who wants to trade a trials bike for a couple kawis (kx250 and kdx220).
The Gutts foam shapes easily...you could start by shaving your stock foam and if you find it too hard then go to the Gutts.
Jared only had the tall Gutts foam when I snagged mine but did not matter I was going to do some adjusting anyhow. Nice and comfy now.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr