I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I got a new toy

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Re: I got a new toy

Post by Longboardr »

Wingfixer wrote:
juddspaintballs wrote:All the way down? I've only done the length of it once, but I could make a 2-3 day trip out of it in July maybe.
Pfft..2-3 days! We did it in about 12 hours! :deal: :roost:

Granted, the Connie needed new tires by the end...
I'll be DAMNed if that wasn't a blast. Hard to keep the Wingfixer in my sights.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Well, Sept 17th is another ride I intend on doing that I've missed out on for years. I am going to ride the BRP in a couple weeks, though.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote:4 days is probably the ticket. Something like get down to Staunton\Waynesboro for the start of the BRP on day 1 (that could be done in half a day if necessary). Day 2 would be 375 miles of the BRP to just north of Ashville. Day 3 would be a full blown assault on the Diamondback: https://switzerlandinn.com/diamondback/ (This is the primary mission of this trip) and day 4 is B-line home up 81.

I have the weekend of 9/17 blocked out for this trip on my schedule, sandwiched between the 7 Mountains Dual sport and the Moonshine Endruo; September is going to be Awesome!

And there was no way those tires were getting you home from Georgia, not the way you ride!! :knary:
I believe I rode a good portion of that one year getting lost looking for gas on a BRP trip. The road getting on and off the BRP at Little Switzerland is awesome.
I was a my DR650sm and a buddy was riding a borrowed Speed Triple. I finally got him to rough up the last edge of the tire in that section.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200