I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Riding Difference 2t vs 4t

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Riding Difference 2t vs 4t

Post by Wingfixer »

Take a LOT of pictures before you ride it! (I did).
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Post by Piledup »

Got out on the first proper ride on the TX300 today, and I had no idea what I was in for...lol  I'm coming of a 2015 350 XCF and the difference is astounding.  It's gonna take some getting used to for sure.. SOOO much more nimble and light, but coming from the 4t it also makes it feel unplanted and skiddish.  I still have some suspension dialing to do, to get everything where I like it, but this bike is an absolute monster.  At first I was running the yellow spring and the fun setting on the map switch, but it took all of 30 seconds to realize it was to much for me just getting started on the bike.. a small blip to hop a log or small jump turned into wheelstands and it was tough to keep the front tire on the ground..  The instant power of the 2t was more than I expected despite the notices given on the matter by friends.. I ended up swapping to the mild setting and the green spring until I get a little more use to the bike, and this made it much more manageable in the woods..
Turning was awesome (when I could keep the tire down) but the front brakes did almost down me a time or two.. much touchier than my 350 was, and I think the lighter weight leads to the tires locking up more easily.  The bike will lug like nobody's business and chugged along despite my being caught in the wrong gear a few times, or just being tired and not running in the upper rpms.. I had a rekluse in the 350 but I'm not sure it's necessary with this bike..  you almost can't stall it.  and if you do, it's because your being lazy..
I fiddled with the jetting riding back in fourth in my neighborhood yesterday, and made a last minute change last night that had the bike running like a champ when I got there this morning..  The jetting I settled on was 40p, 44-73 2nd clip, 240M, and 1-3/4 out AS.. this was running in 40-55*F and about 250' above SL..  The bottom may be able to be cleaned up just a tad more, but the bike was running great.  I did take the time to sand the reed cage and open up the slot in the slide a little..   I haven't done any airbox mods..
All in all, I'm super excited about this bike (although I won't lie, it scares me a little..lol) and getting out there and putting the seat time in..  It's really really fun to ride, amazingly light feeling and way more than capable of anything I will ever be able to throw at it. Once I get the clickers where I need em and get used to the lighter feel, brakes, etc... this bike and I have a lot of good times coming. Although for a little while I thought it wanted to murder me..
2015 KTM 350 XCF
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yes, sometimes they will try to murder you if you don't respect them. Some guys like those G2 throttle tamers.

The 2T is going to feel very "light and skiddish" as you say compared to your old 4T. Its just sort of they way they are. You get used to it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I am one of the guys that uses a G2. Yes, it's worth the money. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Wingfixer wrote:I am one of the guys that uses a G2. Yes, it's worth the money. :deal:
Are those G2 throttles real MANLY? or would it be OK for me to get one for my daughter's Beta? :shrug:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

They soften the hit off idle. Your daughter would probably like it.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.