I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

45 is the sweet spot

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

45 is the sweet spot

Post by Laoch »

....for the FreeRide on back, back roads. :deal:

The soft suspension settings and low tire psi make it squiggly, but it'll work.

I had it up to 50 mph, but 35-45 was nice. Good enough to bounce around forest roadsand get back to the truck the easy way if needed.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: 45 is the sweet spot

Post by Bucho »

I'm sure your KLX is a much better dualsport, but its always nice to know that it will work on the FreeRide.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Oh yeah, no dual sporting with this thing. I've been screwing around with it, carb, psi, suspension etc,trying to see where it runs good off/on road. It's kind of a weird feeling, buzzing down the road on a psuedo/hybrid/trails/enduro bike thing. Next, I'm gonna to take it up to Michaux and see how squiggly it is running gravel.
Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I've seen 70mph indicated on the XTrainer and it accelerates pretty good at that speed. That said, droning along at 55mph indicated doesn't make me feel that comfortable, motor-wise. I haven't checked to see what the speedo error currently is. I've got a +1 tooth front sprocket to throw on the bike that ought to help without hindering off road use (particularly with the rekluse in there). It is pretty squishy on road with 6psi rear/9 psi front. :)