I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

slow ride club

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
aai
DAMN Poohba

Re: slow ride club

Post by aai »

Marylander wrote:
aai wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:06 pm thanks, the origin title says motorcycle, doesn't say anything about Offroad use or anything like that. I heard someone mention that its an open title?
Yes I'm in Maryland, but don't you need to produce an inspection sticker also? appreciate any info
New vehicles don't need to be inspected. Go to the MVA and get your title and tags. :loveit:
Score!! Thanks again my brother. Even progressive was kind to me since it’s 3rd bike on policy.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

aai wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:26 am
Bucho wrote:Very cool Sonny! Can't wait to see it in person.
Me too man, I owe you two bails Image
Let her rip! It’s just like yours, when first started up, hitting first gear it will jerk away. Noticed it doesn’t do it once warmed up. Clutch adjustment? Or its just the nature of it.

Normal for trials bikes running the older clutch plate pack to stick after sitting. On trials central there is a post called "beta clutch fix". I done this on past 2 stroke Betas but my 4 stroke did not stick. Rule one, always have bike pointed to an open area before dropping in gear. If you hold in your clutch during warm up and blip the throttle some the plates normally get the oil flowing and come free before you drop in gear. Others I know hold the clutch lever back to the grip with a spring clamp or band of some type to hold the plates apart while not in use. Give the plates a good burn in before you do the first oil change....3rd gear and modest throttle, front wheel against something solid and just fan and punish the clutch (burn in). That does good making all those fresh parts happy with each other. Then dump your oil while nice and warm and all those particles still floating in the oil. I would run a thinner oil in colder temps...that also helps on clutch feel and engine start up. Full choke and no throttle to start. Once warm it likes a little crack of air / throttle with the kick. No start in 2 kicks then pull the air wash knob. I would pull the air wash during warm up as it kicks up the RPM a little and helps warm up faster.
That engine is the old KTM RFS design....rock solid design. If jetted correct it starts stupid easy. The auto decompress can mess with starting if not adjusted correct. Make sure you understand how your tip over fuel lever works.....you do not want to be pinned under a hot bike with gas flowing out.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

thanks Mike! appreciate the valuable info as always. Looking thru some Beta threads and trying to gather stuff but you probably cut hours and hours if not days of searching. Yes it does start easily, hopefully it stays that way mostly. Will do on the oil procedure. It did that jerk on first gear, but after running around for a few minutes and turning it off, and restarting it was smooth. Gears are notchy but getting used to it. Neutral is a pain because I cant pivot off the peg to find it with a more precise touch, but can get it after the third or so try. No hours on her, so lots and lots to learn.
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

All trials bikes are hard to find neutral for a reason....big impacts would kick the bikes out of gear. Each shift is a effort to make sure you are in gear. Also the shifter is so far away for a reason, when you shoot up something vertical your foot pivots on that peg and if the shifter was at a normal dirt bike distance your boot could catch it and bump out of gear. Also do not have the boot over the rear brake when going to shoot up something vertical..you will come to a fast brutal stop when your rear brake locks as your boot pushes it down as the bike pivots. Yes I have had my share of rude instant stops.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:39 pm All trials bikes are hard to find neutral for a reason....
ahem. Not all trials bikes ... :angel:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

aai wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:26 am
Bucho wrote:Very cool Sonny! Can't wait to see it in person.
Me too man, I owe you two bails Image
Let her rip! It’s just like yours, when first started up, hitting first gear it will jerk away. Noticed it doesn’t do it once warmed up. Clutch adjustment? Or its just the nature of it.

Im obviously still a noob to trials. But I believe that is the nature of the bikes.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:21 pm
Boom Boom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:39 pm All trials bikes are hard to find neutral for a reason....
Real trials bikes do not need extension cords.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote:
Rut Row wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:21 pm
Real trials bikes do not need extension cords.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

@Boom Boom do you guys have a particular store to buy maintenance stuff for these trials bikes? typically I use Amazon, Rockymount, etc for dirt bike stuff but just curious if there is a go to store for trials bikes. Hard to find listings when I punch in Beta evo oil filters in google, did find my oil in Amazon, Motul 7100 Thanks
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Trials Store USA will hook you up. Nice website and quick turnaround.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr