I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

More options

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

More options

Post by Boom Boom »

https://jotagas.com/en/

In todays world of KTM buying up every 2 wheel brand it is nice to see a brand that has been popular in Europe for years come to the states....very soon. Trials / Enduro / E-mountain bikes.

I will be doing a road trip to Tenn early Feb, have to see what all comes home in the van with me.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: More options

Post by Boom Boom »

https://www.jotagasforum.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Clay started a forum for the brand. Interesting to watch a brand take off in a new market area. Trade in deal on used enduro bikes should be interesting.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

what is the expected prices?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Rut Row wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:58 pm what is the expected prices?
Trials MSRP will be 7k and enduro goal is $1500 under KTM for same spec bike.
Trials I expect better deals just to get into the public.
Bike and parts supply / sale direct from importer in TN
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:21 pm enduro goal is $1500 under KTM for same spec bike.
Injected? Else not really 'same spec'.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

smdub wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:54 pm
Boom Boom wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:21 pm enduro goal is $1500 under KTM for same spec bike.
Injected? Else not really 'same spec'.
KTM only makes injected smokers now? "Same spec" = same level products in my simple mind. Factory for Factory not Factory for a standard.
Just a general comment and "goal" from the importer...
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 am KTM only makes injected smokers now?
Yep. All ktm enduro bike are injected as of 2020 - both 2T and 4T. The 2T motox bikes are 'closed course' and can continue to be carb'ed (for now). Euro4 emissions pretty much mandates it. Will be REALLY interesting to see if anyone can continue to build 2T and meet Euro5 next year. Euro5 requires closed loop control and meeting emissions over the life of the bike which will pretty much require an O2 sensor. Common O2 sensors don't last on 2T so that seems to be the big challenge.

Will be interesting to see how Euro4/5 affects trials. Indoor trials in Europe could be considered 'closed course'. All the stuff outside on natural terrain likely fall under general motorcycling rules like the enduro stuff does now. IIRC, Euro5 eventually affects all 2T (like power tools) - just motorcycles got hit a year or two early. For sure we will see more injected 2T bikes in Europe soon. I'd bet money KTM will put a TPI motor in a Gas Gas trials frame. Montessa and Beta have 4T variants at least. Not sure what TRS/Sherco/JotaGas will do but they surely have been working on something.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

smdub wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:18 am
Boom Boom wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 am KTM only makes injected smokers now?
Yep. All ktm enduro bike are injected as of 2020 - both 2T and 4T. The 2T motox bikes are 'closed course' and can continue to be carb'ed (for now). Euro4 emissions pretty much mandates it. Will be REALLY interesting to see if anyone can continue to build 2T and meet Euro5 next year. Euro5 requires closed loop control and meeting emissions over the life of the bike which will pretty much require an O2 sensor. Common O2 sensors don't last on 2T so that seems to be the big challenge.

Will be interesting to see how Euro4/5 affects trials. Indoor trials in Europe could be considered 'closed course'. All the stuff outside on natural terrain likely fall under general motorcycling rules like the enduro stuff does now. IIRC, Euro5 eventually affects all 2T (like power tools) - just motorcycles got hit a year or two early. For sure we will see more injected 2T bikes in Europe soon. I'd bet money KTM will put a TPI motor in a Gas Gas trials frame. Montessa and Beta have 4T variants at least. Not sure what TRS/Sherco/JotaGas will do but they surely have been working on something.
Interesting. Years back this was tossed around with the trials and everyone had a hand at making a 4 stroke engine...that went over like a fart in church and sank. Looks like we better stock up on our smokers while we can. I see TM has a FI for 2020 but also a carb option.
Yep us small number off road riders are killing the environment... I can tell you from first hand watching a Vertigo be kicked over and over to start that a FI smoker has a long way to go to be anything reliable. So a FI KTM and a carb KTM running the same mix ratio will make that much diff? I know Sherco has had FI for enduro bikes for a couple years now but zero plans to bring to public unless forced to do so.....just did not perform as well.
Guess I better get ready to change with the times.
Yep making those batteries sure is good on the environment....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:08 amGuess I better get ready to change with the times. Yep making those batteries sure is good on the environment....
This is the thing I don't get. Why is there so much focus on electric vehicles? You've got all kinds of nasty stuff in the batteries that has to be mined then what do you do with that battery when it doesn't make so much power any more? They don't have it figured out. It's all marketing and just making new problems for down the road. I do like the idea of a quiet bike to at least take one argument away from those who would outlaw dirt bikes (not that they won't have lots of other arguments) and so I can play in my back yard.

I wonder about the hydrogen fuel cell stuff although I'm not curious enough to research.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

More outlawing if you can do it quietly.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce