I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Rider Opinions on WR450F?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Rider Opinions on WR450F?

Post by Bucho »

I think I linked this correctly.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/2012-yam ... t-38977618

There is a 2012 Yamaha WR450f dualsport in the ADV fleamarket. I know some guys have had these, really looking at you Wingfixer and SkinnyJ

My older brother has long been a motorcyclist and while I was in middleschool his Honda Shadow500 spent some time in our garage while my brother was overseas in the Marines. I remember going out in the garage and sitting on it. Other times my dad would ride it and take me on rides. Probably a big part of why I bought my first bike when i was an adult.

Anyway, my brother had mostly been a street rider and doesn't ride much day to day but does take a pretty good road trip 1-2/year. I brought up the idea of doing a dualsport trip with me and he really thought that would be fun. He told me to keep an eye out for any decent used bikes for sale.

This will not be dualsporting in the adventure sense, loaded down adv touring stuff. More using the VanOWar as our homebase and doing day rides. I was really trying to push my brother toward a Yamaha WR250R. ( I really like those and would consider one in the future). But he is a bit more of a powermonger than I am.

At the moment my brother doens't plan on doing any hardcore offroading, more dualsporting/light offroading type stuff. This first trip we were are starting to plan is exploring all the dirt roads in the Big Bend National Park and nearyby Big Bend Ranch State Park.

My brother feels fuel injection is a requirement.

Any thoughts on the matter?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Rider Opinions on WR450F?

Post by Wingfixer »

I'll give you a longer answer later but for now, yes, buy it! I would own that in a heartbeat if I had the spare cash!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

It's certainly setup and ready to go.
Good price IMHO.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

My brother is waffling on getting a bike...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200