I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Thinking about selling one of my little bikes?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Thinking about selling one of my little bikes?

Post by Bucho »

So this past December I bought a small side-by-side. My wife and son seem to like it much better than dirtbike riding, (I shed a small tear...). Anyway, I have a 2016(?) OSET 20.0 and a 2014 Kawasaki KLX140L sitting in the garage.

I absolutely like having a small bike. Something that is easy for a noob to ride. The OSET gets the nod as super easy sans clutch/shifting and being smaller. Though its a little more limited in actual use for full size adults.
The Kawasaki is a pretty legit dirtbike, just smaller. An easy bike for a full size adult to ride in the woods.

Thoughts from the collective on which I should sell/keep?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Thinking about selling one of my little bikes?

Post by Marylander »

You shouldn't have bought the side by side. ;)

The kwak would allow you to teach someone to use a clutch so that would get the nod for me if the person seems likely to want to ride for real.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

May I borrow the Oset this weekend? If my granddaughter likes it I'll buy it.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Rut Row wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:48 am May I borrow the Oset this weekend? If my granddaughter likes it I'll buy it.
Of course Ken
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

If it doesn't work out with Ken's Grand daughter, I might be interested in the Oset. Mrs. SJ bought a KLX140 for our daughter back in the fall but she refuses to ride it. She says the gas engine scares her. I would love to call her bluff!
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

The 20 is pretty small. How big is your daughter? My son is 55#, 9yr old, and median height. He fits it well and can use the seat. A friends 10yr old daughter is tall for her age and it's way too small for her to sit. A decent size if she stood all the time but thats a hard way to learn. He's looking for a clutchless 110 for her. No normal adult can ride the 20 - esp one that can fit on a 140. Of course we goof off with it and do wheelies but it's like riding a clown bike.

Phil, IMO which one you sell depends on who visits and wants to go riding. If kids are involved the oset is great. If you know more teens/adults that want to learn to ride, the 140 is the keeper.

Edit: I looked up my measurements for kiddo's OSET. The seat height is 24" w/ no sag. For comparison a TTR110 is 26". Both have a 41.x" wheelbase. A KLX140 is 30.7" w/ 49.6" wheelbase.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks for comments guys. A lot more chatter on this than I thought there would be.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

What size wheels on the klx?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:12 pm What size wheels on the klx?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
It has the L wheels. Not sure off top of my head.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I see that now. Looks like 19/16.
Bruce