I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Cool stuff for trips

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Cool stuff for trips

Post by Firebolter »

Alot of the newer bikes are electric start only and I have been looking at one of these "micro start" batteries for a while. Nice thing is, in addition to being able to jump start a bike (or car), you can charge a cell phone or run an accessory. While I was researching Antigravity brands XP-1, they make a nice small pump you can run off the XP-1 as well. Both of these together weigh ~2 lbs and are not much bigger than a deck of cards, the pump is 5.5x6 inches and the battery is ~6x3 inches. Good stuff, will be nice to fix flats and not have to carry a bunch of co2 cartridges and a pump.

To further reduce stuff you would have to carry, Antigravity also makes a small wire harness you can hook up to the battery and plug directly in to the XP-1 to do the jump start so you would not have to remove your seat to get to the battery, sweet idea. and you would not have to carry the jumpoer cables, so less stuff to carry/pack with ya.

https://antigravitybatteries.com/produc ... arts/xp-1/
https://antigravitybatteries.com/produc ... -air-pump/

Lots of cool bikes---
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Cool stuff for trips

Post by J&J »

But you would still carry the jumper cables for your buddies bike right? :shrug:

:hi5:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

That pump is really small! I have a partially de-cased electric pump I carry along sometime but that looks better. Nice it already has a SAE connector on it. $22 at Amazon seems really reasonable too.
FWIW, Be aware that the battery pack part is really overpriced. You can get a Turnigy jump pack that has the capacity of the largest Antigravity XP-10 for half the street price of the XP-1 you listed. All the cells are made in china anyway. The difference is markup. I literally have several thousand dollars of RC lipos. HobbyKing/Turnigy are as good as any of the others (if not better.)
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-jum ... -plug.html
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:11 pm That pump is really small! I have a partially de-cased electric pump I carry along sometime but that looks better. Nice it already has a SAE connector on it. $22 at Amazon seems really reasonable too.
FWIW, Be aware that the battery pack part is really overpriced. You can get a Turnigy jump pack that has the capacity of the largest Antigravity XP-10 for half the street price of the XP-1 you listed. All the cells are made in china anyway. The difference is markup. I literally have several thousand dollars of RC lipos. HobbyKing/Turnigy are as good as any of the others (if not better.)
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-jum ... -plug.html
Good deal, I have been kicking around a small setup like this for a while! Like that I can charge things in addition to jumping a bike.

And J, you carry the cables! I'll have the battery, but then at night, we get SJ to drink a bunch of honey liquor and then we could hook the cables up to his nips and light him up!~ :hi5: :killingme:
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

For lighter and even cheaper, you can just carry a custom made set of battery jumper cables w/o the jump pack if you're riding in a group. Only takes a couple feet of wire and some EC3 connectors like all those jump packs use. Get a couple folks to install the wire/connector stubs on their batts so you don't have to take the seats off.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

if it's 2 + ppl around, usually it's possible to push start. Starter pack is not really a necessary accessory for a group ride in my opinion.
Every day is a good day when you ride
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Yeah, I like the no remove seat idea. So my plan is 3 fold, I already am gonna hook up a powerlet socket to my head light mask so I can just plug my trickle charger in for keeping the battery up in the garage and during the winter. Then I am gonna take the jump pack plug and mate it into the powerlet lines behind the headlight mask, back to the battery. I will also run my GPS power wires back to the battery and solder the powerlet ends and the GPS ends into 2 ring connectors to the battery. that way I don't have multiple ring connectors on the battery. Now I have power to my GPS and a powerlet outlet to charge my battery or use as a power source and with the jump pack plug behind the headlight mask, I can just plug it into the jump back if I need to do a jump.

The two sets of wires from the front to the back I will put into some shrink wrap so effectively I have 1 wire running under the tank and will add extra protection. Will be a nice clean and useful set up and give me max flex and not have to remove my seat to charge or jump start if I ever need too.

I did a similar set up on my 950 Super Enduro and it worked great.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Nobody wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:17 pm if it's 2 + ppl around, usually it's possible to push start. Starter pack is not really a necessary accessory for a group ride in my opinion.
that's true probably 50% of the time though as if you are in single track, sometimes push starting is not an option. Besides, I like spending money! :loveit:
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I’ve carried the Schumacher ? brand jump pack for a couple years now. Good sized and works well. I also carry co2 inflators. Small enough and I also use them for my pedal bikes. I ride alone a lot. And try to keep a small fender pack with essentials.
Cell phone is number one :lol2:
Bruce
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

purchased this drone a year ago or so and haven't messed with it since then, nothing to film :shrug: hoping to pack it for KAT. Don't have the skill set to do the harder stuff yet :huh: :nono: so I can do my best to get some aerial footage of the group. Figure with the Husky rack, I can mount this on the rear platform, then the GL Mojave and backpack for all the other stuff.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F