I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD fees (buying new bike out of state?)

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: MD fees (buying new bike out of state?)

Post by Laoch »

juddspaintballs wrote:. I wander in the showroom frequently since he's about 10 miles from me.
You like to live dangerously, don't you.

When I got my Husky it was a 2500 discount. Only on the 250s. I wasn't even looking at Husky/ktm. For the price I couldn't pass it up. I got it at AMS in York, PA. They are a basic stealership, but it was a Husky promotion.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:50 am

When I got my Husky it was a 2500 discount. Only on the 250s. I wasn't even looking at Husky/ktm. For the price I couldn't pass it up. I got it at AMS in York, PA. They are a basic stealership, but it was a Husky promotion.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Thats how I got that sidebyside buggy thing. Marked down $2700
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

no doubt Harold puts out some crazy prices at times specifically on Can Am, and Polaris..high volume dealer. He's gotten me for a dozen toys or so the last 20 years. For eg. one who's looking for a Kawasaki, you're almost have to be out of your mind not to buy it from him and its OTD current model year. Hard to imagine his turning profit on that
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva ... 43461.html
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Ok, put a deposit down and should be picking up the bike in Richmond this weekend:) The 2012 will be for sale soon.
FWIW, Ellicott city did call me back yesterday and offered a much lower price that was at least competitive with the others. Still a little higher than others and I was a bit miffed they were the only ones to hi-ball me at first so I spent my money elsewhere. I hear they are nice folks and they saved face w/ the better offer so will prob use them for service/warranty.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:30 pm Ok, put a deposit down and should be picking up the bike in Richmond this weekend:) The 2012 will be for sale soon.
FWIW, Ellicott city did call me back yesterday and offered a much lower price that was at least competitive with the others. Still a little higher than others and I was a bit miffed they were the only ones to hi-ball me at first so I spent my money elsewhere. I hear they are nice folks and they saved face w/ the better offer so will prob use them for service/warranty.
I bought my 07 525 from Ellicott City Motorsports, that was the first year of the true street legal KTM EXC, they did not deal, but they had it and no one else did and I wanted it. I looked at a Yamaha generator in there a couple of months ago but they were 400 more than I can find it online. I know it is a store front and all, and I do take my rims there for tires and buy my Motorex from them, but yeah, their prices are high. When I was looking for my 2017 Z1000, I got it from Harold for 2000 less than anywhere else. Harold always beats most anyone around.

Glad you found one, you'll be happy with it. I just finished up the de-restriction on mine today. Pretty easy but they put so much crap on these things! I ordered the dongle plug so I could get rid of that stupid vacuum canister behind the throttle body and not throw a code. I just cut the vacuum hose coming off the cylinder and stuffed a bolt in it and used a crimp clamp to seal it up good on both sides. Ran all my power lines for GPS and battery tender and the jump box connector. Just need a few more things and it will be ready! Enjoy your new scoot!

Lots of cool bikes---
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Congrats on the new bike. I was just at KTM in Easton and Bob had a 2020 KTM 500 excf 6-days. Cool bike.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Probably going to leave this smogged/restricted for now. I need to get a skid plate and fab a spark arrestor insert first. I think I can share the Enduro Engineering tall soft seat I bought for the little 150.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee