I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

OEM Part prices

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

OEM Part prices

Post by Firebolter »

It's weird how some stuff is reasonable and you can find them online at US places and other things, crazy over priced. Example, I am setting up a set of spare rims for the KTM's and I wanted the OEM front rotor KTM part number 77709160000. It is a good rotor, floating and great quality. I looked it up and the cheapest I could find it was around 220 bucks in the US. That is frakin ridiculous! So I did some more searching and found it in Germany at a huge OEM spares place for 103 USD dollars! now it did cost 30 bucks to get it shipped here, but still. Not all things are cheaper in Europe, but with the strength of the dollar versus the EU, pays to check over there to.

Anyway, if you are looking at OEM Spares, check this place out, it "might" be cheaper and they carry DAMN near every brand OEM parts.

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: OEM Part prices

Post by Laoch »

Flywheel puller- $50 at RYP. 12 British pounds or $15 from the UK :shrug:
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

thats my point! It's not all parts but some! That stock KTM rotor I bought is a Galfer unit, good stuff more than half the price of it in the US.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I did some more comparisons, and you want to see real whacky? The Lambda sensor for the 500 is OUTRAGEOUSLY over priced in the US--

Bobitt's KTM, who is one of the better KTM online parts places price wise anyway
KTM part num 75041090200. LAMBDA SENSOR. $501.88

Munn Racing
KTM part num 75041090200 LAMBDA SENSOR $738.06

MSP in Germany
KTM part num 75041090200 LAMBDA SENSOR USD 156.74

That's fucking ridiculous! A DAMN lambda sensor for 100's of dollars? I will be comparing every DAMN part I buy in the future with MSP. I ordered that brake rotor and had it within 8 days. It shipped via DHL, I got tracking info and when it hit NYC, it went into the US Postal system and got delivered to my door with my mail. KTM OEM in original packaging just like it came from the factory.

Another whacky one
The exhaust can on the 6Days
Bobitt's---Silencer Sixdays KTM part num 79705082000 $534.47
Munn Racing KTM part num 79705082000 Silencer $753.29
MSP KTM part num 79705182000 SILENCER SIXDAYS USD 283.65

See what you find when you are bored, stuck at home and are social distancing? You find out how much disparity there is and that it pays to shop around. This is a HUGE difference in pricing and I cannot believe it is all just currency valuation differences.

And they cover the following brands with parts fiche and pictures to make it super easy to find your parts

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en

Lots of cool bikes---
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

a couple of months ago for my Miata I needed the injectors. All I could find around here was at ~EUR550/piece for a new aftermarket one. Ordered 4 factory refurbisehd from ebay.com and was lucky enough to have someone bring them over to Latvia. 40Eur alltogether :thumbup:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Miata?

Edit...my bad the newer ones look nice. Roadsters.
Bruce
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Laoch wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:49 am Miata?

Edit...my bad the newer ones look nice. Roadsters.
I have an older one (genII). Looks is not that great, but it's really fun to drive. Almost like a go-kart. I wasn't sure when I bought it, but it was the top pick according to the reviews I read in an affordable fun-to-drive rwd category and with time I started to love it. would want some more power though.
Every day is a good day when you ride