I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

This guy shouldn't ride alone

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: This guy shouldn't ride alone

Post by Twist »

At the BMW off-road school, we intentionally dropped their bikes with the feet up hill. Grab it by the front tire and spin it around until the tires are down hill; then just rock it back up on the tires and be ready for it to head off back down the hill - with or without you. :thumbup:
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 am I was going to suggest doing just what you done just to have a plan of attack how to get those beasts back on 2 wheels.
Actually, that bike is easier to get back up than my KLR650 was. When the KLR dirt naps, it's flat on the ground. The BMW can be easily rocked up on to the cylinder head bars where it's a lot easier to lift. Mine has all the scars to prove it works.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Twist wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm
Boom Boom wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 am I was going to suggest doing just what you done just to have a plan of attack how to get those beasts back on 2 wheels.
Actually, that bike is easier to get back up than my KLR650 was. When the KLR dirt naps, it's flat on the ground. The BMW can be easily rocked up on to the cylinder head bars where it's a lot easier to lift. Mine has all the scars to prove it works.
Bring the Bimmer to the farm and we can use it to check distance between trees on the loop. Bring back bad memories of the 3 wheeler days, sure it will fit, just hit it hard enough. Few to many times launched over the bars when the trees won.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm Bring the Bimmer to the farm and we can use it to check distance between trees on the loop.
My friend in VA says some places to ride down there have the typical posts at trailheads in the ground to only allow motorcycles. They have little protrusions at the bottom wide enough to only allow a moto tire. Apparently these go high enough to exclude the boxer BMWs too :killingme:
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm
Twist wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm
Bring the Bimmer to the farm and we can use it to check distance between trees on the loop. Bring back bad memories of the 3 wheeler days, sure it will fit, just hit it hard enough. Few to many times launched over the bars when the trees won.
I just cast the knobbies off the Bimmer in anticipation of doing some road miles April through the summer. Maybe we'll met up in Bald Eagle though for some of those trails.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 pm
Boom Boom wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm Bring the Bimmer to the farm and we can use it to check distance between trees on the loop.
My friend in VA says some places to ride down there have the typical posts at trailheads in the ground to only allow motorcycles. They have little protrusions at the bottom wide enough to only allow a moto tire. Apparently these go high enough to exclude the boxer BMWs too :killingme:
Stephen, they've got those in Bald Eagle also. I found those trails on my WR250R but did not on the 1200GS. But from what I remember, they'd be wide enough to let me through so no excuses for not taking the bikapotomus off into the wild.

This is one of the trails in Bald Eagle that is for motorcycles only:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

smdub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 pm

So just wheelie thru!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:15 pm
So just wheelie thru!
:thumbup: