I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tour Of Idaho

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Joker
DAMN Expert

Tour Of Idaho

Post by Joker »

SkinnyJ, looks like you may have another trip to organize

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Tour Of Idaho

Post by Bucho »

This HAS been discussed!

I think one major point is that we would prefer to ride as light as possible (just our day gear). Would be great if we could get one or two people to drive the truck&JAT and maybe van to meet us each night as we go.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

We have discussed it several times. I even got my dad to agree to drive the truck/ van/ trailer so we could all ride the trails. It's the 48 hour drive to the trail head and a few other things that put it on the back burner.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Ship bikes. Fly out. :cheers: (well, it was a good idea before this covid mess)
I'm in:)
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:15 pm We have discussed it several times. I even got my dad to agree to drive the truck/ van/ trailer so we could all ride the trails. It's the 48 hour drive to the trail head and a few other things that put it on the back burner.

I do believe I can make the drive in 44hrs with a case of Monster Energy drinks :deal: I might get a little delusional after the 24 hour mark, so it may get a little weird for the passengers at some point.
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Bucho wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:11 pm This HAS been discussed!

I think one major point is that we would prefer to ride as light as possible (just our day gear). Would be great if we could get one or two people to drive the truck&JAT and maybe van to meet us each night as we go.
I was thinking the same thing while watching this. That amount of gear would really be distracting and hold you back in the more fun and challenging sections.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Friend of mine rode the T1 last year....well started out T1 and had to drop to T2 for the last couple days for health reasons. They spent most of a year planing and getting in shape.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

6 guys-

Drive the JAT out with the bikes and gear (3 guys do the drive)
3 guys fly out.
5 guys ride their bikes each day and one guy drives the Truck/JAT.
That would give each guy a bike riding day off assuming you took 6 days to do it. If more days are needed, just keep the rotation going. You could determine the driving/rotation order fairly by drawing numbers 1-6. 1 drives the Truck/JAT first.

I would have no problem being one of the guys to drive out. You could even swap the flying around to where 3 guys fly out and the other 3 fly back so that the drive to and from Idaho is even split up. Fly in and out of Boise.

That's one way you could do it!
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Tour director Bill.....you da man.
But does sound reasonable.
I had kicked it around with one group go north and ride south and one south to north. Just load in different vehicles but camping along trail was almost a must and that shit is not for this guy.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:04 pm 6 guys-

Drive the JAT out with the bikes and gear (3 guys do the drive)
3 guys fly out.
5 guys ride their bikes each day and one guy drives the Truck/JAT.
That would give each guy a bike riding day off assuming you took 6 days to do it. If more days are needed, just keep the rotation going. You could determine the driving/rotation order fairly by drawing numbers 1-6. 1 drives the Truck/JAT first.

I would have no problem being one of the guys to drive out. You could even swap the flying around to where 3 guys fly out and the other 3 fly back so that the drive to and from Idaho is even split up. Fly in and out of Boise.

That's one way you could do it!
I think that would work!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200