I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hmmmmm Movie? Baltimore disrespect?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Hmmmmm Movie? Baltimore disrespect?

Post by Bork »

Hmm What do y'all think. Agree on the part about needing somewhere to ride, but I saw some short clips of the group doing wheelies down the street. My impression has been, these wheelie groups disrespect the law & actually taunt cops, almost like I dare you to stop us. They are not street legal bikes, and they don't stop for law, maybe because the bike is probably stolen, right? I feel like this is glorifying ill-legal activity. I dont know, :shrug: , is my thinking warped? BUT the movie industry might entertain because it grabs attention and thus a profit, they could care less about the ramification on society.
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrC1jE ... D602UKthk-
Last edited by Bork on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Hmmmmm Movie? Baltimore disrespect?

Post by Bucho »

Bork wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:11 am Hmm What do y'all think. Agree on the part about needing somewhere to ride, but I saw some short clips of the group doing wheelies down the street. My impression has been, these wheelie groups disrespect the law & actually taunt cops, almost like I dare you to stop us. They are not street legal bikes, and they don't stop for law, maybe because the bike is probably stolen, right? I feel like this is glorifying ill-legal activity. I dont know, :shrug: , is my thinking warped? BUT the movie industry might entertain because it grabs attention and thus a profit, they could care less about the ramification on society.
did you forget to link something?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Thank you Phill!
Hmm I was just gonna , what ? Where was I? hehehe senior momento . Maybe this will help?
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrC1jE ... D602UKthk-
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Hooligans. They practice wheelies not too far from me in Burtonsville. They then block off the roads and stunt. We suspect most are stolen of course. The cops have caught a few of them. I'm terrified to let anyone in my neighborhood see I have bikes. I would honestly like all their helmet less heads to end up like smashed pumpkins on the street. F-em all.

Do I seem bitter?
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Even if the bikes are not stolen, its pretty much ALL illegal activity. Riding on streets w/out any regard for traffic law/safety.

This just makes all motorcyclist/dirtbike riders look bad.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I have been on US50 coming out of DC just past the arboretum when 10-15 of em', including 3 on quads blasted onto 50 and caused all kinds of problems and near accidents. Flying between cars and running from the police. While I agree it is stupid and they should be arrested, innocent people end up getting hurt in the process of chasing and such. The city is try to at least get it all to one area so maybe less innocent people are effected. Personally,I would like to see them chased and arrested and the property recovered. If they happen to crash and bash their heads on the ground, so be it----
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Just no way to "look cool" and do anything reasonably safe to rider and public. Even if a location was established it would not be used. No cops chasing them = no fun. Must admit some have balance skills that I would love to have.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Boom Boom wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 am Just no way to "look cool" and do anything reasonably safe to rider and public. Even if a location was established it would not be used.
^ This. A designated spot would be just used to practice / learn the craft... then go be an ass elsewhere.
Do taxpayers provide practice areas for other illegal activities? (don't answer. Its Baltimore. I already know the answer)
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Did I mention I am happy this crap has not worked into my hood.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I agree, I don't think it's the right thing to do, but that is the idea behind it, kinda like bribery and treaties, they don't really ever work-
Lots of cool bikes---