I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Sur-Ron has landed

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

The Sur-Ron has landed

Post by juddspaintballs »

My daughter fits on it just fine and my wife even rode it a good bit today. It is the "wife's" bike. The first time she's ridden any sort of motorized bike, actually. She did about 5 miles on the farm today with it and even got it up to 30 mph. I did a couple laps myself. In stock form, it'll pull a wheelie in sport mode with me on it. I'll learn how to set the suspension and get a front fender for it. I like it a lot. My wife seems to like it, too.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: The Sur-Ron has landed

Post by Bucho »

Cool!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Fantastic! I can get you a sheet of rubber for a rear shock splash guard if you like.

I'm running this for a front fender:
https://shop.cyclepathpdx.com/mudhugger ... ender.html
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

That would be great. I'll order that front fender, too. I didn't even put the stock front fender on yet.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice Jed. You guys are making it harder to resist getting one of those things. DAMN it :lol2:
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

stock, they are pretty cool. Once the wife gets used to the stock power, If you start to feel the need for more torque, go up to a 64-68 tooth rear. Makes a huge difference! Talk about wheelies!
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

OK, I cut a strip of rubber off the roll. I made mine 5.5" wide but there is plenty of extra there to do whatever you want and its long enough to make a spare. I'll be al Phil's on Sat if you make it - remind me to give it to you.

I need to order a front fender for the kiddo's bike. The factory one was busted off when we got it. I was going to get another factory one when whey came back in stock, but now that I'm thinking about it, should prob just order another mudhugger long. I'd be able to swap that onto the spare dual crown fork when I upgrade him to that.

A larger rear sprocket also marginally increases your range if you don't need the top speed. For the same hp output, it allows the motor to spin faster w/ less torque (= less current = higher efficiency generally.) Can get up a much steeper hill too.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:40 am Nice Jed. You guys are making it harder to resist getting one of those things. DAMN it :lol2:

Ha ha
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Welcome to the club! I can be on mine 20-30 minutes every day because of its stealth. Often a couple of times a day on an obstacle course on a lot across the street from me.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

I think there is an unsanctioned club meeting tomorrow, poor bucho :hi5: