I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Wolf den run state park

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Wolf den run state park

Post by Firebolter »

AlbinoPig wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:02 pm I successfully made a reservation using their form. I filled it out yesterday around 2PM and awaited a callback. They rung today at 11AM to confirm, took CC payment, and immediately sent the completed reservation form via email. It was $40 for 4 riders, but it might be cheaper in other situations if you are all on the same trailer. The process could definitely be more updated/streamlined or whatever, but it seems like they're on top of it and the person I spoke with was very friendly and helpful so I didn't mind doing it this way.

Now looking for a decent place to stay on Deep Creek.
I have rented some killer houses @Deep Creek via VRBO- Split it amongst the group.
Lots of cool bikes---
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

AlbinoPig wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:02 pm I successfully made a reservation using their form. I filled it out yesterday around 2PM and awaited a callback. They rung today at 11AM to confirm, took CC payment, and immediately sent the completed reservation form via email. It was $40 for 4 riders, but it might be cheaper in other situations if you are all on the same trailer. The process could definitely be more updated/streamlined or whatever, but it seems like they're on top of it and the person I spoke with was very friendly and helpful so I didn't mind doing it this way.

Now looking for a decent place to stay on Deep Creek.
Please let me know your thoughts! Looking for some dirt bike reviews to pass along
AlbinoPig
DAMN n00b

Post by AlbinoPig »

Will do. I usually record my rides in Gaia GPS and edit down GoPro footage when exploring new places, so I'll share here if all goes as planned. Otherwise I am open to any tips from those that have been.

I went ahead and rectified the official map so that we can reference where the easy/hard trails are in case they aren't blazed. If anyone wants to import the rectified map it can be found here: https://mapwarper.net/maps/53111#Previe ... ed_Map_tab

Daniel
Honda XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I think you will be impressed with the trail markings. :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

AlbinoPig wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:15 pm Will do. I usually record my rides in Gaia GPS and edit down GoPro footage when exploring new places, so I'll share here if all goes as planned. Otherwise I am open to any tips from those that have been.

I went ahead and rectified the official map so that we can reference where the easy/hard trails are in case they aren't blazed. If anyone wants to import the rectified map it can be found here: https://mapwarper.net/maps/53111#Previe ... ed_Map_tab

Trust me, there will be no guess work and bush whacking. DNR would not open it if it was in that case. But you will need to get used to reading the trail markers, if its like huckleberry rocks there will be trail maps around the property in case you get lost