I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Riding on the 18th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Waterman
DAMN n00b

Re: Riding on the 18th

Post by Waterman »

Hey Marylander, I'm terrible with names too. Yes I did help out Scott Parsons back in PVYA. My daughter is Carly.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Marylander wrote:That does sound like a lot for a little bike... Same crank through all the top ends?
Yes, I've never touched the bottom end except for some seals here and there.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Waterman wrote:Hey Marylander, I'm terrible with names too. Yes I did help out Scott Parsons back in PVYA. My daughter is Carly.
Yep, I'm good with faces but I'm slow. ;) I got it figured out on the drive home. Karina is my daughter (well, my youngest daughter).
gots_a_sol wrote:Yes, I've never touched the bottom end except for some seals here and there.
Ah, sounds like you were due. Feel free to borrow a bike (a kawi, not a beta ;) ) if you can't parts quickly enough...
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I have my old WR250F on its way back as my buddy who bought it no longer rides it. I've been planning on buying it back for a while, just been putting it off. Doesn't help for racing, but at least I can still ride. I'll probably do the South Dakota thing and get a plate on it too.

I'm debating on what to do with the Husky. I'll rebuild it, no question there. But while that crank is out, an extra 4mm of stroke sounds like fun :lol2: It takes it from 165 to 177cc. Biggest downside is it doubles the rebuild cost.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

But it'll move you better without making the bike heavier. You are racing it, afterall.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

If there are no reliability issues I'd do it. Does the longer stroke make power delivery, er, easier?
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

There are only a few 177's running around (not cost effective to tear down a running bike to do it, so not many folks have them) and from what I've heard the power is apparently more aggressive. I need to do more reading on it/talk to the guy who builds them some more.

Haven't heard of any reliability problems with the stroker, but again, only a few of them out there.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, I'm no engine designer. ;)