I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MotoCove 1/21

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: MotoCove 1/21

Post by Bucho »

Im going to try and be there on the early side (by 0830). Im going to tell them we are bringing ten DAMN riders and hope for a discount. If anyone gets there before me please do the same.
And all guys showing up, mention you are part of the DAMNrider group
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

dirtygrunt wrote:I've never been to the Cove; Saturday looks good. I'll be pushing 0930 for arrival time.
somebody better get before and after pictures :killingme: :killingme: :hi5:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

I am planning on 9:30 - 10am
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

trialsrider wrote:I am planning on 9:30 - 10am
You and Bruce can be part of the late crew.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Good ride today. :cheers:

Ask Phil about finding his buddy halfway up a hill with a dead bike, no pants on and a hole in the back of his shorts :lol2:

Dude is hardcore, he rode most of the day in shorts :deal:
Bruce
beejaytee
aka Heather

MotoCove 1/21

Post by beejaytee »

Let's not forget the struggle marks on the inside of his thighs.

Had a total blast today guys. I'm really enjoying meeting all the DAMN guys each time we ride.

Phil and Sam thanks for leading the day and showing me some of the most fun technical trails I've seen I a long time.

Thanks Jay for coming out of the way to pick me up so I could ride today. Such a nice setup I felt like a pro enduro rider for the day.

Nice meeting Bruce, Sam, Brett and Sean.

I hope Phil and his buddy found the wallet and made it out safe.

This wraps up my 3 week vacation and riding extravaganza. The 525 exc has been a great new bike and the DAMN riders have made it that much sweeter.

This concludes my sappy "ride report".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by beejaytee on Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Good day to ride with a pretty large turnout. I left a little early due to a flat rear tire, but the rest of the riding was pretty excellent. The hill on the blue trail kicked my butt and Brent finished riding it up the hill for me.

I'm not sure what Sam and Phil had going on here, though.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Madizm »

Nice meeting everyone today. Thanks for letting me run with the group.

I have some good video to share, just have to figure out how to share... :shrug:

Brett
2011 KTM 450 six days- parting out
2005 Honda CRF250f
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

juddspaintballs wrote:Good day to ride with a pretty large turnout. I left a little early due to a flat rear tire, but the rest of the riding was pretty excellent. The hill on the blue trail kicked my butt and Brent finished riding it up the hill for me.

I'm not sure what Sam and Phil had going on here, though.

Beat walking up that hill.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

It was a great day.
Like the others mentioned we had a pretty big turnout for just a day ride.

My newb budd Adam came out to the MotoCove to improve his riding since he did so well at Taskers last month. As part of the group of early arrivals we left to run the first part of the orange loop. Adam had a tough start falling in the ricks a few times. Luckily Jed was pulling rear guard and helped him with a minor fix to his radiator hose.
We continued on and got to the bottom of the first long hill. We were going to head back to the lot to see if the others were ready. Since we were stopped and chatting Adam wanted to get ahead of the group so he didnt feel like he was holding us up as much.
There was some confusion about him just going straight down the trail and not taking any turns. As we got going to chase him down he got confused and took some turn off.
We went straight back to the parking lot and he wasnt there.
We went back out with the whole group and luckily we found him further down the red trail. He was sitting on the side of the trail with no pants...
He said he was really hot and he had ripped them again on these bolts that stick out toward the rear of the seat. So we removed them to make sure they didnt tear his legs up if he fell off the back again.
Then we found those bolts held his seat on. So we had to get creative to hold his seat on.

Later we found Adam lost his wallet so just he and I went back out to search. We did a whole other lap and we finally found it!
It was a long day.

Ill post a few pics later tonight
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200